• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scary mail after customs siege

Ukn0wn

Horology Curious
1/12/19
USA
My arf submariner v3 sent from turkey recently got taken by customs and I got a letter from them 1/08/20. I did some reading and it says do not respond or admit to buying a fake Rolex which is what I did and now I got this scary letter.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Unfortunately we are on the spotlight right now with all the famous youtubers doing their thing ...

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
What country are you from, read the law regarding purchasing and ownership of fake goods in your country, in the UK for instance it is NOT illegal to buy or own counterfeit goods only illegal to sell them.

read the letter and notice much emphasise is put strongly in the wording of, importing and distributing ie importing to sell, which you are not you bought for personal use, it's a scare tactic to make you admit to something you haven't done i.e. Importing with the intention of selling, once you do that they will then demand a payment to cover their costs and to drop any further proceedings, your next step is up to you, I would certainly take proper legal advice before contacting them and certainly before admitting anything.

Reactions: vcappp and rj999

Ukn0wn

Horology Curious
1/12/19
What country are you from, read the law regarding purchasing and ownership of fake goods in your country, in the UK for instance it is NOT illegal to buy or own counterfeit goods only illegal to sell them.

read the letter and notice much emphasise is put strongly in the wording of, importing and distributing ie importing to sell, which you are not you bought for personal use, it's a scare tactic to make you admit to something you haven't done i.e. Importing with the intention of selling, once you do that they will then demand a payment to cover their costs and to drop any further proceedings, your next step is up to you, I would certainly take proper legal advice before contacting them and certainly before admitting anything.

Thank you Soo much for this information ❤️

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Well, you can always say that your secret admirer from insta or facebook or youtube often sent you package without your knowledge. Since she or he is a secret admirer, you don't know who that person is and you cannot stop him/her.

Anyone can send you a bag of poop from anywhere without your knowledge.

Reactions: vcappp and Ukn0wn

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
I’m guessing not, as it was your first post.
Just my opinion, but I would not even consider buying a Rep watch from Turkey.
They are hardly discrete in there sale of replica goods, and I would hazard a guess that goods coming to private individuals would attract unwanted attention from customs.
I have friends there, but would never ask them to ship any rep goods to me .
There is more fake goods sold in Marmaris than there is legitimate.

Reactions: Ukn0wn

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
USA
My arf submariner v3 sent from turkey recently got taken by customs and I got a letter from them 1/08/20. I did some reading and it says do not respond or admit to buying a fake Rolex which is what I did and now I got this scary letter.

Double down and go old school. Xerox a picture of your bare arse and mail it back.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hell no I'm already scared from the first order... What should I do now?

Nothing, it's a cease and desist letter. Don't reply, just forget about it.

But it'd be foolish to try and purchase another fake Rolex - stick to other brands of watches.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I believe it's fairly easy to open a PO Box in the US right ?

Open one and use it to get your stuff delivered, I would be surprised if those law firm can obtain the real identity behind a PO Box without a judge order

Reactions: Ukn0wn and vcappp

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Nothing, it's a cease and desist letter. Don't reply, just forget about it.

But it'd be foolish to try and purchase another fake Rolex - stick to other brands of watches.

Actually, it would be kind of cool to collect a cease and desist letter from each law firm for each brand of rep watch in your collection.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
If he did that they’d mail him a picture of what that ass will look like after 20 years in jail.

And you're gonna let them take a picture of your ass like that, and send it to a random guy ? :giggle:

Reactions: Ukn0wn

Ukn0wn

Horology Curious
1/12/19
Did you buy this on m2m sale?

No, a user from Reddit pmd me from a post I made asking for advice and talked me into buying from him instead if TD but I learned my lesson.

Thanks everyone for the helpful information ????