• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Horology House allegedly selling Noob 116500 as gen

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I think he has a video of a rep vs gen with that Daytona in the thread. He even pointed out all of the tells him he thread had. Sounds to me like, he knew what he was selling. Not sure about the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had only seen a sub one by hom, you might had been confused with the one watchfinder had produced.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: theREALgoat

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
How do we know the buyer didn’t pull a fast one on HH? He could’ve swapped the Gen for rep.

HH seems dumb enough to fall for it and surely somewhat deserves it for putting the guy through all that shit.

I don’t know but it’s a scenario I don’t see being discussed and evidence refuting it...mind you I haven’t gone through the dozen of pages on the TRF thread.
That's very true, but yet again there are other victims now, so is doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
That's very true, but yet again there are other victims now, so is doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.

If that was the case, he wouldn’t be deleting all of his accounts. (FB, IG, YouTube.. etc).

Always thought this guy was a bit shady but I didn’t know he actually sold watches.

At least the buyer got his money back.

Pelipoika

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/19
How do we know the buyer didn’t pull a fast one on HH? He could’ve swapped the Gen for rep.

HH seems dumb enough to fall for it and surely somewhat deserves it for putting the guy through all that shit.

I don’t know but it’s a scenario I don’t see being discussed and evidence refuting it...mind you I haven’t gone through the dozen of pages on the TRF thread.
He said himself that he sold replica. There is quite hard evidence in topic.

d.brocke

I'm Pretty Popular

I personally don't think the incident wth the original OP on TRF was the ole "switch-a-roo".
But as things unfold, it's quite possible that one ( or more ) of the others that come forward may pull something like that.
And the sad part to that is that HH really won't have a leg to stand on what with his credibility having already been shattered.

Last edited:

Sirwatchalot

Known Member
16/11/16

11 more people have come forward stating that they had been scammed, and he tried to threaten them with bans from watch groups if they spoke anything of it.

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
11 more people have come forward stating that they had been scammed, and he tried to threaten them with bans from watch groups if they spoke anything of it.

All anyone has to do is read the chat transcript. That ends any doubt the guy was a scumbag. For fcks sake he used a picture of someone else's burning home as an excuse to get pity...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cwfmon

Renowned Member
5/11/16
From what I’ve understood his dumbass scam was to take ppls money before even having a watch and the delaying and lying to them endlessly until he either got a Gen at a good price and kept the profits. If he really struggled to find the piece he’d start the returning funds, over months.

He’s a liar and a sleeze bag, yes. The transcripts show that and the others that stepped up confirm.

But did he repetitively sell rep as Gen? I don’t see proof of that. Even this one case doesn’t show me enough proof. It could be that this person was so frustrated by his antics that he decided to fuck him over big time with the old switcharoo. And Chris is so scatter brained and full of lies and a shit ass seller that he doesn’t know if he flipped a rep as gen or has been duped.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
From what I’ve understood his dumbass scam was to take ppls money before even having a watch and the delaying and lying to them endlessly until he either got a Gen at a good price and kept the profits. If he really struggled to find the piece he’d start the returning funds, over months.

He’s a liar and a sleeze bag, yes. The transcripts show that and the others that stepped up confirm.

But did he repetitively sell rep as Gen? I don’t see proof of that. Even this one case doesn’t show me enough proof. It could be that this person was so frustrated by his antics that he decided to fuck him over big time with the old switcharoo. And Chris is so scatter brained and full of lies and a shit ass seller that he doesn’t know if he flipped a rep as gen or has been duped.

So your view is a mix of victim blaming and victim shaming. Nice.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

No way, this guy is a pathological liar who thought he could get away with it all deleting posts as an admin to silence those ripped off, then using the Australian bushfires, the NZ volcano tragedy and even claiming his wife’s miscarriage as excuses, it does not get lower than this. I honestly cannot see how he can sleep at night after all of this. A truely diabolical human being as the other 11 (might be more I have lost track) cases have come out showing refunds/disputes after months of legal threats.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Mid September- funds arrive back. Still £400 short but I decide to leave it there.

He made quite some money from refunds as well, a lot of buyers are claiming that he left out couple of hundreds here and there. Let's say there are 15 victims, he easily made $7875 from refunds alone. Don't forget the fake added tax on top of the original asking price.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
No way, this guy is a pathological liar who thought he could get away with it all deleting posts as an admin to silence those ripped off, then using the Australian bushfires, the NZ volcano tragedy and even claiming his wife’s miscarriage as excuses, it does not get lower than this. I honestly cannot see how he can sleep at night after all of this. A truely diabolical human being as the other 11 (might be more I have lost track) cases have come out showing refunds/disputes after months of legal threats.

These compulsive liar types sleep easy at night as they believe their own nonsense. It’s likely he was making out to others close to him he had nightmare customers and he was somehow the victim in some instances.

I’ve know a couple of these types and it’s amazing how they will play hard done by.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Even this one case doesn’t show me enough proof. It could be that this person was so frustrated by his antics that he decided to fuck him over big time with the old switcharoo.

So the buyer got a fake watch and engraved the exact same serial number on the inside of the watch that is also on the warranty card that Chris gave him? Or do you think he got a new fake watch, a new matching warranty card and faked Chris's handwriting on the back of the warranty card?

Seeing how he immediately accepted the return and didn't ask a single question, he 100% sent a fake and hoped the buyer would be too dumb to realize or would learn about it in a few weeks to give him time to collect some money to refund him.

Reactions: Pelipoika

cwfmon

Renowned Member
5/11/16
So the buyer got a fake watch and engraved the exact same serial number on the inside of the watch that is also on the warranty card that Chris gave him? Or do you think he got a new fake watch, a new matching warranty card and faked Chris's handwriting on the back of the warranty card?

Seeing how he immediately accepted the return and didn't ask a single question, he 100% sent a fake and hoped the buyer would be too dumb to realize or would learn about it in a few weeks to give him time to collect some money to refund him.

Thanks for this explanation. I didn’t see the
bit about a warranty card with the sellers writing on it. The chat transcript I read had no images visible so it was hard to understand what images were being sent back and forth from seller.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
The chat transcript I read had no images visible so it was hard to understand what images were being sent back and forth from seller.

The images are right under the chat transcript link, you can see the serial number of the watch, the warranty card, etc ...