• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Horology House allegedly selling Noob 116500 as gen

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Too bad it wasn't a franken, it would have taken longer to know the diff...

Think he wanted to keep his margins high seeing that he doesn't have more than 15k in his bank account. Too bad that lying isn't a job, he would've been a billionaire by now.

kameelperd

30/4/19
Think he wanted to keep his margins high seeing that he doesn't have more than 15k in his bank account. Too bad that lying isn't a job, he would've been a billionaire by now.

So true and at the same time so wrong...

Last edited:

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
You wonder how effective a scammer you can be when you refund people completely, albeit taking forever. I can see two scenarios that were advantageous for him. One, a lot of people he sold to have reps therefore a huge profit margin or victims just give up after all the stalling and running around he gives the victim. While this sounds ludicrous, for those with money to burn, they may just say fuck it. This boy wouldn’t though for that kind of change.

Either one of these tactics shows that this was not an opps, one off mistake, as it’s being seen now that people are coming forward. That throws out the all of sudden needing cash theory. Waiting to see just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

What. A. Douche bag.

baltalemule

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/18
Alternate theory: HH Chris is the hero we need and deserve in our troubled times. He sold reps as gens to wealthy douchebags who made their money foreclosing on grandmas' homes, to blood diamond mine heirs, to child traffickers, to Rolex fanboys, you know, the dregs of society. He was a real Robinhood stealing from the rich to give to the poor. Indeed, he was short on cash because he has been putting all his money into Koala rescue efforts and most recently into developing a vaccine for the Coronavirus. HH Chris, if you are still lurking, I just want you to know that I see you as the true hero you are.

all jokes aside, how hard is it going to be for people to sell their gens now that this scandal has people all freaked out?

Pelipoika

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/19
This is going to be big...

I’m sure that it hasn’t been only replica he has sold as gen. There will be more.

Reactions: DaleM

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
That's not really new, they feel robbed of their privileges to own a gen

Haha yeah totally... I guess they don’t realise that there are a lot of gen owners in this hobby also.

Reactions: Rufctr2

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
I think this was some kind of ponzi scheme..

1) get the money from the buyers
2) say watch is lost in the mail
3) after some months refund buyer #1 with the money from buyers #2, #3, #4, #5...

4) actually deliver a watch here and there to get "good press" - this imho goes like this:

4.1) evaluate the customer if he is knowledgeable enough to detect a replica.
4.2) if yes: try to get a Gen at a good price.
4.3) if no: send a Rep.
4.4) if no Gen available: send Rep.

If I was a customer of hh, i'd better get my watch checked.

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Alternate theory: HH Chris is the hero we need and deserve in our troubled times. He sold reps as gens to wealthy douchebags who made their money foreclosing on grandmas' homes, to blood diamond mine heirs, to child traffickers, to Rolex fanboys, you know, the dregs of society. He was a real Robinhood stealing from the rich to give to the poor. Indeed, he was short on cash because he has been putting all his money into Koala rescue efforts and most recently into developing a vaccine for the Coronavirus. HH Chris, if you are still lurking, I just want you to know that I see you as the true hero you are.

all jokes aside, how hard is it going to be for people to sell their gens now that this scandal has people all freaked out?
Is not hard, just a bit more nerve racking. I personally deal face to face with gens. I was once prepared to fly to Berlin (from London) to pick up a red 1680. The only issue was we couldn't agree on the price.

TBH, you would expect some members on the Rolex Forum to know some gen owners especially when you are in Oz! The watch scene in Oz is relatively small, where there are some closed groups/communities, i.e someone must know someone who had the 116500 daytona as they don't have as many allocation over there (compared to say bigger cities like HK, London, NYC, etc).

I think if in doubt, use an escrow...

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I think this was some kind of ponzi scheme..

1) get the money from the buyers
2) say watch is lost in the mail
3) after some months refund buyer #1 with the money from buyers #2, #3, #4, #5...

4) actually deliver a watch here and there to get "good press" - this imho goes like this:

4.1) evaluate the customer if he is knowledgeable enough to detect a replica.
4.2) if yes: try to get a Gen at a good price.
4.3) if no: send a Rep.
4.4) if no Gen available: send Rep.

If I was a customer of hh, i'd better get my watch checked.

Agreed. Enabled by the zealous mods at AWBSS, who would delete comments with any hint of descent.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
You wonder how effective a scammer you can be when you refund people completely, albeit taking forever. I can see two scenarios that were advantageous for him. One, a lot of people he sold to have reps therefore a huge profit margin or victims just give up after all the stalling and running around he gives the victim. While this sounds ludicrous, for those with money to burn, they may just say fuck it. This boy wouldn’t though for that kind of change.

Either one of these tactics shows that this was not an opps, one off mistake, as it’s being seen now that people are coming forward. That throws out the all of sudden needing cash theory. Waiting to see just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

What. A. Douche bag.

Very true, in world of the rich there are these scumbags that even start out as their friends, they prey on them by either borrowing money or scamming them through dodgy deals like this. these scammers hope that if they drag it out with enough excuses that people with money to burn will forget it and move on. You’d be surprised how often this happens and law enforcement doesn’t do much to help resolve it, therefore these scammers get away for it for years. I don’t know how people like that sleep at night.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
HH was popular but there's no surprise here. We all know most (if not all) of these youtubers know the rep game pretty well. Some of them even confessed it somehow, such as Urban Gentry talking about how he's been through frankens (with actually what I think is a decent point of view about the hobby), or the famous Watchfinders's "What's the best rep today" type of vids.

These guys know how to source and buy replicas, and everybody knows it. Sooner or later, something like this would have happened. The crazy part here is that Chris from HH, as followed as he is on internet, decided to scam probably more than one buyer, while thinking nobody would catch him...

That confuses me : either he is a real dumb or a real gutted m*thefucker.
Now he is in deep trouble, no one will pity him and the worse might come for him now : a few buyers might get their money back from him, that's one thing.
But wait till Rolex gets on his ass. And as it is such a noisy affair, they definitely might. And if they do, that's when the trouble begins..!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
HH was popular but there's no surprise here. We all know most (if not all) of these youtubers know the rep game pretty well. Some of them even confessed it somehow, such as Urban Gentry talking about how he's been through frankens (with actually what I think is a decent point of view about the hobby), or the famous Watchfinders's "What's the best rep today" type of vids.

These guys know how to source and buy replicas, and everybody knows it. Sooner or later, something like this would have happened. The crazy part here is that Chris from HH, as followed as he is on internet, decided to scam probably more than one buyer, while thinking nobody would catch him...

That confuses me : either he is a real dumb or a real gutted m*thefucker.
Now he is in deep trouble, no one will pity him and the worse might come for him now : a few buyers might get their money back from him, that's one thing.
But wait till Rolex gets on his ass. And as it is such a noisy affair, they definitely might. And if they do, that's when the trouble begins..!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Never underestimate the motivation of making a quick buck- or in this case several thousand. I don’t think he’s stupid, or particularly gutsy just recognizes the quality of these reps and thought he could get away with it by assuming those he sells to know nothing of the replica market. In other words he probably thought he had access to a product (reps) that the gen world knew nothing of - which this forum is evidence to the contrary.

For sure a scum bag. And +100 this will blow up to reveal many more victims - hoping they take full advantage of the law.

Sent from the RWI App

cwfmon

Renowned Member
5/11/16
How do we know the buyer didn’t pull a fast one on HH? He could’ve swapped the Gen for rep.

HH seems dumb enough to fall for it and surely somewhat deserves it for putting the guy through all that shit.

I don’t know but it’s a scenario I don’t see being discussed and evidence refuting it...mind you I haven’t gone through the dozen of pages on the TRF thread.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I don’t know but it’s a scenario I don’t see being discussed and evidence refuting it...mind you I haven’t gone through the dozen of pages on the TRF thread.

Reading the thread on TRF would be a good start then.

Last edited:
Reactions: tripdog and Nivka

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I think he has a video of a rep vs gen with that Daytona in the thread. He even pointed out all of the tells him he thread had. Sounds to me like, he knew what he was selling. Not sure about the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk