• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Warning warning - Hermes parcel service UK

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Having been a recent victim of a watch purchased from EU to UK, the UK courier was Hermes. They stated on their tracking information the the package was damaged and therefore not delivered.

What makes this story astonishing is that there is no way you can possibly contact Hermes by either phone (which is all automated) where you play merry go round and cannot speak to a real person, even the online chat is a bot with multiple answers to questions but cannot resolve a package that has not been delivered. Amazingly there is no email to contact them either so if you use Hermes and your unfortunate to have a parcel held by them, you are directed to contact the sender who will face all the same problems without contacting anyone.

After many hours of searching i found a mediation site (free service) called Resolver and filled out the online form explaining my severe frustration and they were somehow able to do the impossible and get Hermes to identify that they have the damaged parcel and have asked Hermes on my behalf to deliver the damaged package to me. I am now waitin the 24 hour period Hermes have been given to reply with what their next move will be.

Advice...NEVER NEVER NEVER use Hermes.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I have a watch coming from USA to UK via Hermes. Hopefully my story will be a positive one..

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Well, despite some suggestions that DHL can have issues, my recent acquisition came from Thailand in 2 days, and they were top notch with updates.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Man, Hermes in general is pretty bad.. i once ordered a Samsung phone and got a chocolate bar. Yeah, really happened - after thorough investigations, everyone came to the conclusion that some delivery guy there did a switcheroo. Why he repackaged a tasty mars bar and didn't just run with the phone is beyond my understanding.

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Its a cautionary tale that in the likeyhood of a damaged parcel being held by Hermes you cannot in any way contact them. I had plenty of updates till it was damaged, then nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
That's bad. I hope it gets resolved for you beau. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
I haven’t had a watch delivered by them but have had parcels go missing, left in the day rain outside the front door getting soaked and there for anyone to take and just general sh*t service, I echo the OP, never NEVER use them or allow someone to send anything to you via Hermes

The Fetishist

Banned
28/1/20
luckily the only time i received a parcel from hermes everything went well, but it is good to know all this

Colibri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/19
United Kingdom
Hermes is probably the cheapest courier service in the UK - especially with larger packages. Not surprising that most retailers including amazon use hermes especially for their returns service.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I have a watch coming from USA to UK via Hermes. Hopefully my story will be a positive one..

UPDATE : Today I had a package delivered. Nobody was at home but upon checking on-line tracking I found that it was delivered and signed for. I’m sure nobody was at home..

Upon return home back from work, looked all over the place to find the package delivered in a store near by my appartment! WTF!!! I was lucky people there knew me..

I will never ever use this courier again. Unproffesional 100%..

teaston

20/3/16
UK
UPDATE : Today I had a package delivered. Nobody was at home but upon checking on-line tracking I found that it was delivered and signed for. I’m sure nobody was at home..

Upon return home back from work, looked all over the place to find the package delivered in a store near by my appartment! WTF!!! I was lucky people there knew me..

But was the watch in there? And was it ok?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

At least you received your package. Hopefully it's contents are safe?

iang27

4/12/15
UK

Here is my proof of delivery photo from Hermes !
It was in my rubbish bin not through the letterbox ( It wouldn’t fit through a letterbox )

Reactions: Rx4Time

Ruffa2019

26/10/19
Thanks for the info and the tip on Resolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colibri

16/2/19
United Kingdom
I think the hermes drivers set themselves up as self-employed independent drivers contracting their services out to hermes?

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
I ordered football shirts from CFS for Christmas (placed my order on the 2nd of December), the package is still not here and Hermes claims it isn't lost and is still on the way ... At this point I'm sure they're delivering it by foot. Thankfully, the company offered to send me new ones by DHL and told me I could keep the other package if it eventually shows up. beau7816 hopefully your watch was delivered!

Last edited:

ssouthall6

10/10/13
I have seen an insight into how badly run Hermes is, my God it's lucky anything ever makes it anywhere.

Imagine royal mail but replace the processing centres for warehouse spaces, sorting office for car park floors, full time trained staff for 'gig economy' guys who are driving ubers and doing other stuff at the same time, and processes for 'dump anywhere we can because we can't take anything back to the warehouse because of the extra fuel costs'

And that's not even an exaggeration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beau7816

Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Unfortunately my watch has not been delivered as one of the Hermes staff has stolen it. Hermes answer to all my questions were dismissed with an apology and the watch went from "we have it" to "its disappeared and we cant find it". They absolve themselves of any accountability and hide behind a very very long list of things you cant claim for (which is pretty much everything). They will not even bother to open an internal investigation to try pin down at what point it went missing. A very expensive loss to me.