• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Italian Post - is my package missing?:(((

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Hi folks,
So I recently sent my watch within EU to Italy to get it fixed. Sent it on Jan. 6th, but the latest tracking info says: "sent from your country of origin" and it seems it has never made it to Italy.

Has anyone got any experience with the Italian Post?
1. Was it seized by customs? (no tracking info that it was even going through custom control)
2. Did it magically disappear and now a lucky IP mailman is wearing a beautiful Rollie?
3. Did it get lost in a pile of mail and will miraculously resurface sometime soon?

Thanks!
M.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It's "probably fine"... If you sent it with tracking. I had a package sent tracked that failed to get scanned properly at the start of its journey, but still ended up reaching its destination (UK to Germany) - albeit about 3 weeks later. I was constantly reassured by Parcel Force and people here that tracked packages are very rarely lost, and in the case of my package, they were right.

However, I've also read several horror stories on the rep forums relating to how awful the Italian postal system is...

Angel91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/20
Probably fine. Happened to me too once and suddenly it was delivered