• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

is there a dealer that is more Sub-knowledgeable than the other?

bernY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/09
Hi, all,

I have bought a couple of PAMs from TDs here.

This has nothing to do with trust or best price or, how many minutes or hours or days it takes to get a response from a TD. I've been reading these forums for years, and I know it can take days sometimes to hear back. That doesn't bother me.

BUT, is there a TD that is for example more knowledgeable at Subs than others and keeps up with the updates and improvements and is willing to spend an extra minute and hand pick a good one for me? Yes, I know that no rep is perfect (and some gens aren't either), but I don't want to have to repeatedly reject QC pics for obvious and big issues.

If you feel you need to PM me, that's fine.

Cheers,
​​​​​​​Berny

mew

18/12/15
Germany
I guess you could ask Li or Andrew, but there is also usually just a consensus to what is best when it comes to really popular models and one can just ask in the chat and get a quick answer. I don't pay great attention to subs, but believe that a lot of people were positively surprised by the new ZZF one. Maybe someone else can chime in?

I also love the idea to use some kind of bounty system, since there are so many experts here, but the general idea is that you use your own time to do most of the research. I would happily offer someone 5$ for a pint if they can give me a quick update on subs while I was gone for 6 months. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
It all depends on you. Do you have extreme high expectation? So, if you are an expert on Subs or any, you may be disappointed by most TD responses as most just resell watches.

There are TDs that give extra time to help you finding the right one. I find Watchfinder is very helpful but I cannot guarantee that you will be satisfied by his service if you have extremely high expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bernY

4/1/09
Thank you both.

yes, I follow smoke and others and I read the entire new zzf thread. And that’s what I want. A zzf date sub.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Dealer/ Knowledge; This is almost the dictionary definition of an oxymoron. Dealers sell you what you ask for . The knowledge comes from the members here.

Reactions: gilrob

blurred_line

5/9/17
Dealer/ Knowledge; This is almost the dictionary definition of an oxymoron. Dealers sell you what you ask for . The knowledge comes from the members here.

Completely agree! If it werent for our super knowledgeable members here, we probably would never see the gradual improvements in reps...

Reactions: timnic54