• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Impact of coronavirus outbreak on reps

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Money paid. TD confirmed received payment

A month later NO QC PICS. N this was supposed to be old existing stock

3 times its happened.

no comments about the rest of the lucky lot.

So u tell me what i did wrong?

Enuff said i will just wait fer the refund, if it comes at all.

lesson learnt here. I wont ever buy a rep online ever again.

fer these purchases its best to do the purchase in person.

no need fer the flaming. I put it down to my fucking bad luck n blame no one.

Jesus man.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
Jeez, this guy just doesn't get it. Orders an old stock watch, doesn't get QC pics when he thinks he should, runs into CNY and a coronavirus outbreak, requests a refund and is pissed he hasn't heard anything even though ALL TDs are closed down at the moment... What I find funny is that on another post he admits he lacks patience. Wrong F'n hobby then mate!
Now he airs his grievances in the open instead of taking it via PM to a mod for help (which as stated above won't matter because of the aforementioned CNY/coronavirus shutdown) and he then denies he's airing his dirty laundry. Classic!

The best part is that he's posting complaining about not hearing anything in a thread titled "Impact of coronavirus outbreak on reps" and missed the point that everything he's complaining about is directly related to CNY and the coronavirus outbreak. Some people just don't belong in this community.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Okay here comes one.

Study title: Impact on corona virus on reps.

Material: 1 VC 1907 Historiques Chronometre Royal. 5 previous assorted sales (control group).

Observations:
The VC sold within 4 hours on M2M. Usually my reps sells within 2 days on M2M (control group).

Conclusion:
M2M sells much quicker than usual.

Study weaknesses:
Admitted there can be some biases other than the very small sample material in this study:

It was a h*** of a sexy rep too. But still......

Perspective of study:
The corona virus is not only changing the world. It’s also changing the rep world. The authors reckon it can be difficult to predict the future if the virus mutates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xilikon and Glaude

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Money paid. TD confirmed received payment

A month later NO QC PICS. N this was supposed to be old existing stock

3 times its happened.

no comments about the rest of the lucky lot.

So u tell me what i did wrong?

Enuff said i will just wait fer the refund, if it comes at all.

lesson learnt here. I wont ever buy a rep online ever again.

fer these purchases its best to do the purchase in person.

no need fer the flaming. I put it down to my fucking bad luck n blame no one.

To combat teen temper tantrums effectively, it’s important to understand the “why” behind them. Teen temper tantrums are typically driven by two normal aspects of adolescence: self-centeredness and entitlement.

Teens are self-centered. They have a strong desire to advocate for themselves because, at this age, their world still revolves around them and their needs. Indeed, this is how it’s been their whole lives.

They also feel entitled to get their needs met because mom and dad have always met their needs. But now, suddenly, they are told that they are not entitled to be taken care of in the same way they were just a few short years ago.

Bill_C

21/10/19
To add fuel to the paranoia fire regarding coronavirus...

A new journal article (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.30.927871v1.full.pdf) has found that the coronavirus in Wuhan is not like other strains.

"We found 4 insertions in the spike glycoprotein (S) which are unique to the 2019-nCoV and are not present in other coronaviruses. Importantly, amino acid residues in all the 4 inserts have identity or similarity to those in the HIV-1 gp120 or HIV-1 Gag.
...The finding of 4 unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV, all of which have identity/similarity to amino acid residues in key structural proteins of HIV-1 is unlikely to be fortuitous in nature"

In other words, this looks engineered.

"Aside from these four inserts, the sequence of the nCoV virus was strikingly similar to the SARS virus. If this research is accurate, nCoV may be a genetic hybrid between SARS and HIV, and it's unlikely to have occurred naturally. In other words, it may be an engineered virus. Adding fuel to this speculation is the fact that many of those who have recovered from the initial symptoms may still test positive for the virus, indicating that the virus may remain active even after the symptoms are gone."

A virus as destructive as HIV that can spread from one person to another as easily as the cold or flu.... sounds like a very effective biological weapon to me.

I know, I know, this sound too much like a conspiracy theory. Maybe, but for what it's worth, there is a virus research laboratory in Wuhan - the Wuhan Virology Institute. It is the only biosafety level 4 certified lab in China. When the lab was being certified in 2017 there were a number of scientists in the west that expressed concern that the lab might not adhere to established protocols, as a lab in Beijing had allowed the SARS virus to escape multiple times. Could it have gotten out?

FYI - China has begun using HIV drugs to treat the coronavirus... almost like they knew more about the virus than they wanted to admit.

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go finish making my tinfoil hat and deleting my browsing history before "the man" comes and takes me away.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

A new journal article (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...871v1.full.pdf) has found that the coronavirus in Wuhan is not like other strains.

"We found 4 insertions in the spike glycoprotein (S) which are unique to the 2019-nCoV and are not present in other coronaviruses. Importantly, amino acid residues in all the 4 inserts have identity or similarity to those in the HIV-1 gp120 or HIV-1 Gag.
...The finding of 4 unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV, all of which have identity/similarity to amino acid residues in key structural proteins of HIV-1 is unlikely to be fortuitous in nature"

"Aside from these four inserts, the sequence of the nCoV virus was strikingly similar to the SARS virus. If this research is accurate, nCoV may be a genetic hybrid between SARS and HIV, and it's unlikely to have occurred naturally. In other words, it may be an engineered virus. Adding fuel to this speculation is the fact that many of those who have recovered from the initial symptoms may still test positive for the virus, indicating that the virus may remain active even after the symptoms are gone."

A virus as destructive as HIV that can spread from one person to another as easily as the cold or flu.... sounds like a very effective biological weapon to me.

I know, I know, this sound too much like a conspiracy theory. Maybe, but for what it's worth, there is a virus research laboratory in Wuhan - the Wuhan Virology Institute. It is the only biosafety level 4 certified lab in China. When the lab was being certified in 2017 there were a number of scientists in the west that expressed concern that the lab might not adhere to established protocols, as a lab in Beijing had allowed the SARS virus to escape multiple times. Could it have gotten out?

FYI - China has begun using HIV drugs to treat the coronavirus... almost like they knew more about the virus than they wanted to admit.

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go finish making my tinfoil hat and deleting my browsing history before "the man" comes and takes me away.

So you’re saying the corona virus is actually captain trips? You believe that happy crappy?

Last edited:

Bill_C

21/10/19
So you’re saying the corona virus is actually captain trips? You believe that happy crappy?
Honestly believe it... no, of course not... but I do love to stir the pot, hehehe.

I believe that no matter how slim a chance that this strain evolved naturally (1:100m is the estimate I read), it still makes the most sense to believe it is a natural mutation (Occam's Razor). The journal article I linked draws a similar conclusion. The death rate isn't high enough to constitute belief in an engineered bio-weapon... just a freakishly efficient natural mutation.

Now do I believe that there is more to the story than what China is officially saying? Of course. Just look back to the SARS outbreak for insight on how their PR machine deals with these sorts of epidemics.

What little news we are getting leaked out shows a pretty bleak picture to be sure. The government is struggling to contain it and the death toll, while low, is higher than officially reported by the Chinese government. It's bad. Not World War Z bad... heck, not even H1N1 bad in terms of death toll but similar in terms of ease of spread, and that is what makes it scary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19

A new journal article (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.30.927871v1.full.pdf) has found that the coronavirus in Wuhan is not like other strains.

Did you say conspiracy?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rabl253

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Honestly believe it... no, of course not... but I do love to stir the pot, hehehe.

I believe that no matter how slim a chance that this strain evolved naturally (1:100m is the estimate I read), it still makes the most sense to believe it is a natural mutation (Occam's Razor). The journal article I linked draws a similar conclusion. The death rate isn't high enough to constitute belief in an engineered bio-weapon... just a freakishly efficient natural mutation.

Now do I believe that there is more to the story than what China is officially saying? Of course. Just look back to the SARS outbreak for insight on how their PR machine deals with these sorts of epidemics.

What little news we are getting leaked out shows a pretty bleak picture to be sure. The government is struggling to contain it and the death toll, while low, is higher than officially reported by the Chinese government. It's bad. Not World War Z bad... heck, not even H1N1 bad in terms of death toll but similar in terms of ease of spread, and that is what makes it scary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The HIV thing is a conspiracy theory which was doing the rounds and has been universally and scientifically debunked. Stop scaring the newbies. (Also, a 100,000,000:1 chance of a virus ‘like this’ traversing species is actually right - it simply does not happen often)

The handling of SARS was fairly typical of any communist state - the country, and especially the government can do no wrong so a problem like this ‘cannot exist’. China has changed a lot since then, but there are still the same undertones. Don’t expect them to act like a western country - they’re not.

Last edited:

Genera74

29/12/14
I know CNY only ended few days back, but anyone tried to order post-CNY and experienced any delay due to the virus?

ScuderiaPT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/17
Europe
We have to wait more 7-15 days from yesterday , maybe some factories open early. Patience is the main key : )

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I know CNY only ended few days back, but anyone tried to order post-CNY and experienced any delay due to the virus?

I ordered pre-CNY and have been in touch with my TD. He mentioned that BP/GMF factory might open this week. No news about others. Based on everything I am reading and mails from 2 other TDs, we have to wait for a while. Patience is key. Alternately, you can also check with Sead who is a TD here and keeps “ready to ship” stock in EU (and he ships worldwide)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I ordered pre-CNY and have been in touch with my TD. He mentioned that BP/GMF factory might open this week. No news about others. Based on everything I am reading and mails from 2 other TDs, we have to wait for a while. Patience is key. Alternately, you can also check with Sead who is a TD here and keeps “ready to ship” stock in EU (and he ships worldwide)

The other bottleneck is that the number of flights leaving China will be diminished - so no deliveries, even if the factories are making them.

From the UK's favourite shit rag:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ts-China-block-foreign-citizens-entering.html

Which encourages panic despite that fact that more people have died tripping over their own shoelaces this year than have died from the coronavirus.

Reactions: srhoque