• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Impact of coronavirus outbreak on reps

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
I have friends that have left Wuhan for Bangkok, I have friends in south Guangzhou & I have friends in Chengdu. Im informed first hand that the situation is pretty hairy in China. Im waiting to hear back from Yantian, but China has shut down until Feb 3rd , schools, factories , offices, Macdonalds etc. People are scared shitless. We will probably see massive delays in REP orders going forward. I have 4 x PAMs that I probably will not see until March.

All the best to the guys on the ground over there. Apparently CV is no joke.

Given that you know people there, what’s the sense you got about the news that the official numbers given out by the Chinese government are not true and underestimated on purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Given that you know people there, what’s the sense you got about the news that the official numbers given out by the Chinese government are not true and underestimated on purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friends in Bangkok have a hard time contacting relatives under quarantine in Wuhan. Incoming calls are blocked. There is no doubt that the government is downplaying this entire outbreak on purpose. The worst part the hospitals are running out of supplies.
My friend posted this 10 hours ago.

Reactions: leo6929

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
There's zero chance of transmission. You should be more concerned about all the crap your packages pick up on the way from China to your front door. You think the factories are bad? I bet DHL has never cleaned their trucks/planes/employee's hands, ever.

As for supply, also probably not. China is a very very large country.

this, if you've ever worked at a distribution center you'd be surprised at how dirty everything is.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Since I have 2 Daytonas in order, emailed my TD about impact from CV. He responded that as of now, they haven’t been officially notified of any factory opening delays. But he personally thinks that there will be delays in filling order given the situation on the ground.

Reactions: gilrob

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Apparently people in other regions are also not moving around at all and staying home all the time and who can is working from home as well. Just received this from one of my partners in China:

Hi My dear Friend, good day

Recently, I have received a lot of caring. Thank you very much for your caring of me, GLA and China about the Virus situation.

I am very well and the area I live is very safe and I almost stay at home for working, just Wuhan is a little serious. Now China government has taken a lot measures to prevent it spread out and try the best to stop it, destroy it. We believe it will recover very soon.

I am working at home and you can send or leave message whenever you need my support and I will reply asap. Please accept my best wish to you, family, company, with good health and prosperous business and take care of yourself and family members.

Thanks again for your caring. Have a great day, my dearest friend. Always keep in touch

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
"World Health Organization declares coronavirus a public health emergency of international concern"

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: kloc123 and leo6929

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
"World Health Organization declares coronavirus a public health emergency of international concern"

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I think it is fantastic that there are so many precautions taken, it's part of the reason the SARS outbreak was contained so quickly. However, I do feel a bit like the media is sensationalizing a bit of the impact internationally 'if it bleeds, it leads' sort of a thing.

Healthcare manufacturers have begun allocation protocols for releasing stock to hospitals. The demand is crazy right now for protective apparel. People always stockpile when they feel scared, and the media just feeds off of that.

TastyTreats

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/5/12
Never Land
Not to be a Negative Nancy but it is going to get a lot more uglier than it is better.

Logistics and Shipments are now under strict scrutiny.

The trends show growth rates greater than SARS and that was global. The concern now is containment but it appears the horse has bolted and it is now a race to find a vaccine.

Not good news for those who are waiting on pieces.

Media does sensationalise but I have good contacts in freight and logistics who threw some light on what they are experiencing.

Reactions: leo6929

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I think it is fantastic that there are so many precautions taken, it's part of the reason the SARS outbreak was contained so quickly. However, I do feel a bit like the media is sensationalizing a bit of the impact internationally 'if it bleeds, it leads' sort of a thing.

Dude, the handling and containment of SARS was a complete shit show. The reason it infected so few was that it was just not that contagious.

But yeah, most news on this is sensationalist click bait - KILLER FLU!!!

Last edited:

BoiledBokchoy

Looking Around
31/1/20
I ordered three watches from my trusted dealer a couple weeks ago and was told that they have shut down factories until 02/05 so I wouldn’t receive the products until possibly after 02/10. Patience..

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I ordered three watches from my trusted dealer a couple weeks ago and was told that they have shut down factories until 02/05 so I wouldn’t receive the products until possibly after 02/10. Patience..

Thats news to nobody and would have happened anyway because of CNY. The discussion is about the corona virus and its effects on the game.

Machine1980

Horology Curious
21/2/19
I’m in the process of ordering and just been told by my TD that the Chinese government has ordered all factories to close until 10th of February.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I’m in the process of ordering and just been told by my TD that the Chinese government has ordered all factories to close until 10th of February.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I think illegal Rep.Factories, selling counterfied and illegal products, won't follow them. But Shippingprocess will take longer, getting parts to factory will take longer. All processes between will take longer