• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Impact of coronavirus outbreak on reps

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
Hello everyone,

I'm sure you all have read about the serious outbreak of the coronavirus in China and how earlier Wuhan and now a few other cities are being put on lockdown. Those who don't know about the outbreak are probably living in a cave :p

It made me think about our beloved makers and TDs.

So, starting this thread to see

1. What is your take on the short term impact on the supply etc

2. Has anyone wondered what if the package or the watch was infected because it was handled by an infected person

Just because I had some free time ;)

Cheers

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Business continues as usual but the destination countries may pay special attention to packages from China or Asia in general until everybody is educated about the (potential) outbreak. That’s just my opinion. At this point, everyone has no idea how exactly the virus is going to spread.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
virus is not transmitted this way, needs a human/animal host

source.gif

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Clearly in reality this should have no effect on export import, there is no medical or scientific reason. However one cannot measure for the political advantage gaining which will be irresistible on all sides and needs no reason.

Reactions: TimosL

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
You can’t catch flu from a box.

If you’re panicky wash your hands regularly - which is best practice anyway even if there isn’t a pandemic risk.

Hopefully all will be well with our friends and TD’s in China.

Reactions: mraccountant

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
There's zero chance of transmission. You should be more concerned about all the crap your packages pick up on the way from China to your front door. You think the factories are bad? I bet DHL has never cleaned their trucks/planes/employee's hands, ever.

As for supply, also probably not. China is a very very large country.

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
True! I hope people are safe there.

Also, yes it is true that Virus don’t spread like that. Bacteria’s are another thing though!

Genera74

29/12/14
its confirmed that disease is transmitted human-to-human, have not heard human-to-object or watches for that matter :)))

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
It is apparently transmitted in the water or mucus droplets that are emitted during exhalation. The norovirus, transmitted similarly for example, can live for 24 hours on door handles etc. which is why it's a problem in hospitals. So don't use express deliveries...

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I think this will be the end of the replica watch industry, if not humanity. It’s been a pleasure, guys. Thank god I got a TC before Armageddon. Catch you on the other side

I sold my TC, i miss the afterlife ?

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I think this will be the end of the replica watch industry, if not humanity. It’s been a pleasure, guys. Thank god I got a TC before Armageddon. Catch you on the other side

But was it AAA?