• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Impact of coronavirus outbreak on reps

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
The other bottleneck is that the number of flights leaving China will be diminished - so no deliveries, even if the factories are making them.

From the UK's favourite shit rag:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ts-China-block-foreign-citizens-entering.html

Which encourages panic despite that fact that more people have died tripping over their own shoelaces this year than have died from the coronavirus.

Well spotted. I agree, the real bottle neck will be transport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mp1mancini

Wear It - Love It
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
CONUS
Here’s a an email message I received on Monday from a parts supplier.

“The package will be delayed by the serious virus problem in the whole China now and can only be handled in Feb.07. It will take more 25 days to arrive after that.”

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Well spotted. I agree, the real bottle neck will be transport.

What bugs me is that they are stopping cargo flights also (mostly inanimate objects that don't transmit virus). I guess they just don't want to take a chance.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
It's confirmed that most if not all factories will re-open on the 10th

Reactions: lmagg00

srhoque

28/11/18
It's confirmed that most if not all factories will re-open on the 10th

That's encouraging news but as mentioned above shipping the watches to us might be the bottleneck. My TD ships out of HK, today morning I read that flights to HK are also being stopped, bummer :(

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
What bugs me is that they are stopping cargo flights also (mostly inanimate objects that don't transmit virus). I guess they just don't want to take a chance.

Most packages are sent via commercial passenger flights. Its true that DHL / FedEx have their own fleet, but they don’t distribute the majority.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
Most packages are sent via commercial passenger flights. Its true that DHL / FedEx have their own fleet, but they don’t distribute the majority.

Good to know, wasn't aware of that. I am used to only FedEx shipping, which comes directly from HK to their Hub in CONUS.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Good to know, wasn't aware of that. I am used to only FedEx shipping, which comes directly from HK to their Hub in CONUS.

You may be lucky - the couriers want to make money so will do all they can to keep shipments moving. Truth is none of us will know for a while, but the TD’s want to get people their watches - they’ll know what’s going on.

Reactions: srhoque

boaz_jachin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/13
As a medical doctor i feel safe to say that it is highly unlikely if not impossible to get infected with corona via a package from China... Nontheless our Hospital ER is full of patients with regular symptoms of a cold or flu being afraid of corona

Ruffa2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/19
Certainly seen big delays as a result which is to be expected. Just hope they can resolve it quickly.