Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact of coronavirus outbreak on reps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by muiramas View Post

    So you’re saying the corona virus is actually captain trips? You believe that happy crappy?
    Honestly believe it... no, of course not... but I do love to stir the pot, hehehe.

    I believe that no matter how slim a chance that this strain evolved naturally (1:100m is the estimate I read), it still makes the most sense to believe it is a natural mutation (Occam's Razor). The journal article I linked draws a similar conclusion. The death rate isn't high enough to constitute belief in an engineered bio-weapon... just a freakishly efficient natural mutation.

    Now do I believe that there is more to the story than what China is officially saying? Of course. Just look back to the SARS outbreak for insight on how their PR machine deals with these sorts of epidemics.

    What little news we are getting leaked out shows a pretty bleak picture to be sure. The government is struggling to contain it and the death toll, while low, is higher than officially reported by the Chinese government. It's bad. Not World War Z bad... heck, not even H1N1 bad in terms of death toll but similar in terms of ease of spread, and that is what makes it scary.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by Bill_C View Post
      To add fuel to the paranoia fire regarding coronavirus...

      A new journal article (https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...871v1.full.pdf) has found that the coronavirus in Wuhan is not like other strains.

      "We found 4 insertions in the spike glycoprotein (S) which are unique to the 2019-nCoV and are not present in other coronaviruses. Importantly, amino acid residues in all the 4 inserts have identity or similarity to those in the HIV-1 gp120 or HIV-1 Gag.
      ...The finding of 4 unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV, all of which have identity/similarity to amino acid residues in key structural proteins of HIV-1 is unlikely to be fortuitous in nature"

      In other words, this looks engineered.

      "Aside from these four inserts, the sequence of the nCoV virus was strikingly similar to the SARS virus. If this research is accurate, nCoV may be a genetic hybrid between SARS and HIV, and it's unlikely to have occurred naturally. In other words, it may be an engineered virus. Adding fuel to this speculation is the fact that many of those who have recovered from the initial symptoms may still test positive for the virus, indicating that the virus may remain active even after the symptoms are gone."

      A virus as destructive as HIV that can spread from one person to another as easily as the cold or flu.... sounds like a very effective biological weapon to me.

      I know, I know, this sound too much like a conspiracy theory. Maybe, but for what it's worth, there is a virus research laboratory in Wuhan - the Wuhan Virology Institute. It is the only biosafety level 4 certified lab in China. When the lab was being certified in 2017 there were a number of scientists in the west that expressed concern that the lab might not adhere to established protocols, as a lab in Beijing had allowed the SARS virus to escape multiple times. Could it have gotten out?

      FYI - China has begun using HIV drugs to treat the coronavirus... almost like they knew more about the virus than they wanted to admit.

      Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go finish making my tinfoil hat and deleting my browsing history before "the man" comes and takes me away.
      Did you say conspiracy?

      Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

      That's some blazing pretentious sniffing your own fart shite right there going on about gens being valuable and better because they can be passed on to children and such. Heck, that's advertising right in line with the De Beers diamond cucks

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by kennygconspiracy View Post
        Did you say conspiracy?


        Why yes... yes I did. I also happen to know that Xi Jinping is a HUGE Kenny G fan. Coincidence? I don't think so.
        Last edited by Bill_C; 04-02-20, 04:20.

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by Bill_C View Post
          Honestly believe it... no, of course not... but I do love to stir the pot, hehehe.

          I believe that no matter how slim a chance that this strain evolved naturally (1:100m is the estimate I read), it still makes the most sense to believe it is a natural mutation (Occam's Razor). The journal article I linked draws a similar conclusion. The death rate isn't high enough to constitute belief in an engineered bio-weapon... just a freakishly efficient natural mutation.

          Now do I believe that there is more to the story than what China is officially saying? Of course. Just look back to the SARS outbreak for insight on how their PR machine deals with these sorts of epidemics.

          What little news we are getting leaked out shows a pretty bleak picture to be sure. The government is struggling to contain it and the death toll, while low, is higher than officially reported by the Chinese government. It's bad. Not World War Z bad... heck, not even H1N1 bad in terms of death toll but similar in terms of ease of spread, and that is what makes it scary.

          Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          The HIV thing is a conspiracy theory which was doing the rounds and has been universally and scientifically debunked. Stop scaring the newbies. (Also, a 100,000,000:1 chance of a virus ‘like this’ traversing species is actually right - it simply does not happen often)

          The handling of SARS was fairly typical of any communist state - the country, and especially the government can do no wrong so a problem like this ‘cannot exist’. China has changed a lot since then, but there are still the same undertones. Don’t expect them to act like a western country - they’re not.
          Last edited by muiramas; 04-02-20, 07:46.

          Comment


            #95
            I know CNY only ended few days back, but anyone tried to order post-CNY and experienced any delay due to the virus?

            Comment


              #96
              Originally posted by muiramas View Post
              Stop scaring the newbies. (
              Awe, come on mate, where's the fun in that? My avatar is a fair representation... burning trash bin, total disregard...

              Ok, no more fear mongering... for now.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by Genera74 View Post
                I know CNY only ended few days back, but anyone tried to order post-CNY and experienced any delay due to the virus?
                Yes, the Chinese government basically shuts down everything.
                https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

                Comment


                  #98
                  We have to wait more 7-15 days from yesterday , maybe some factories open early. Patience is the main key : )

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Genera74 View Post
                    I know CNY only ended few days back, but anyone tried to order post-CNY and experienced any delay due to the virus?
                    I ordered pre-CNY and have been in touch with my TD. He mentioned that BP/GMF factory might open this week. No news about others. Based on everything I am reading and mails from 2 other TDs, we have to wait for a while. Patience is key. Alternately, you can also check with Sead who is a TD here and keeps “ready to ship” stock in EU (and he ships worldwide)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by srhoque View Post

                      I ordered pre-CNY and have been in touch with my TD. He mentioned that BP/GMF factory might open this week. No news about others. Based on everything I am reading and mails from 2 other TDs, we have to wait for a while. Patience is key. Alternately, you can also check with Sead who is a TD here and keeps “ready to ship” stock in EU (and he ships worldwide)
                      The other bottleneck is that the number of flights leaving China will be diminished - so no deliveries, even if the factories are making them.

                      From the UK's favourite shit rag:

                      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-entering.html

                      Which encourages panic despite that fact that more people have died tripping over their own shoelaces this year than have died from the coronavirus.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by muiramas View Post

                        The other bottleneck is that the number of flights leaving China will be diminished - so no deliveries, even if the factories are making them.

                        From the UK's favourite shit rag:

                        https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-entering.html

                        Which encourages panic despite that fact that more people have died tripping over their own shoelaces this year than have died from the coronavirus.
                        Well spotted. I agree, the real bottle neck will be transport.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          Here’s a an email message I received on Monday from a parts supplier.

                          “The package will be delayed by the serious virus problem in the whole China now and can only be handled in Feb.07. It will take more 25 days to arrive after that.”

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by lmagg00 View Post

                            Well spotted. I agree, the real bottle neck will be transport.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            What bugs me is that they are stopping cargo flights also (mostly inanimate objects that don't transmit virus). I guess they just don't want to take a chance.

                            Comment


                              It's confirmed that most if not all factories will re-open on the 10th

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by The Rod View Post
                                It's confirmed that most if not all factories will re-open on the 10th
                                That's encouraging news but as mentioned above shipping the watches to us might be the bottleneck. My TD ships out of HK, today morning I read that flights to HK are also being stopped, bummer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X