Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impact of coronavirus outbreak on reps

Hello everyone,

I'm sure you all have read about the serious outbreak of the coronavirus in China and how earlier Wuhan and now a few other cities are being put on lockdown. Those who don't know about the outbreak are probably living in a cave

It made me think about our beloved makers and TDs.

So, starting this thread to see

1. What is your take on the short term impact on the supply etc

2. Has anyone wondered what if the package or the watch was infected because it was handled by an infected person

Just because I had some free time

Cheers

Business continues as usual but the destination countries may pay special attention to packages from China or Asia in general until everybody is educated about the (potential) outbreak. That’s just my opinion. At this point, everyone has no idea how exactly the virus is going to spread.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
    https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

Comment

virus is not transmitted this way, needs a human/animal host

Comment

I asked the CDC. They said, "don't lick your watch and you'll be ok"....
        So many watches...so little time...

Comment

Originally posted by freediver View Post
          virus is not transmitted this way, needs a human/animal host

Comment

Clearly in reality this should have no effect on export import, there is no medical or scientific reason. However one cannot measure for the political advantage gaining which will be irresistible on all sides and needs no reason.
            After more than 25 years in both, the irony is that the Rep world is more real than the Gen world

Comment

Agreed with all of you. Makes sense.

Comment

You can’t catch flu from a box.

If you’re panicky wash your hands regularly - which is best practice anyway even if there isn’t a pandemic risk.

Hopefully all will be well with our friends and TD’s in China.

Comment

There's zero chance of transmission. You should be more concerned about all the crap your packages pick up on the way from China to your front door. You think the factories are bad? I bet DHL has never cleaned their trucks/planes/employee's hands, ever.

As for supply, also probably not. China is a very very large country.

Comment

True! I hope people are safe there.

Also, yes it is true that Virus don’t spread like that. Bacteria’s are another thing though!

Comment

Unless your local postman is delivering packages while eating a fresh batch of bat soup, you should be safe. However, we should definitely be worried about people hiding symptoms and traveling: https://www.theguardian.com/science/...cks-fly-france
                      Last edited by offpink; 24-01-20, 06:40.

Comment

its confirmed that disease is transmitted human-to-human, have not heard human-to-object or watches for that matter ))

Comment

Just order the vaccine along with your watch from the TD and you’ll be fine.

Comment

Kalev007 all 3 made in China - the disease, the watch and the vaccine!

What’s surprising is how people are trying to evade the lockdown and putting the others in danger for stupid reasons. FFS have some sense!!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...cks-fly-france

Comment

Originally posted by lmagg00 View Post
                              Kalev007 all 3 made in China - the disease, the watch and the vaccine!

What’s surprising is how people are trying to evade the lockdown and putting the others in danger for stupid reasons. FFS have some sense!!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...cks-fly-france
                              If you believed you were healthy and were imprisoned in a city of the damned / plagued / flue’d you’d try and escape too. Most people would. I would.

Comment

Working...
                              X