• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How Much Have You Spent?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
No one has seen hasel53128 collection in a while. That is the scariest in terms of sheer number I have seen, I would imagine half are gens as he cannot pass an AD without buying something lol. Sorry N :) I do not think he would have any idea how much that collection is worth and I doubt he would want to start thinking about it. I know I do not want to know how much I have spent. Also do not forget people like bbphrog and minty007 none of whom would be able to even start answering the proposed opening question lol.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
No spreadsheet or real statistics... but my 26 watch are around 10-12k euro. At least it prevented me to buy a track car. So I am alive and did not spend 100k tracking it :) :)

88k euro saved!

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
No one has seen hasel53128 collection in a while. That is the scariest in terms of sheer number I have seen, I would imagine half are gens as he cannot pass an AD without buying something lol. Sorry N :) I do not think he would have any idea how much that collection is worth and I doubt he would want to start thinking about it. I know I do not want to know how much I have spent. Also do not forget people like bbphrog and minty007 none of whom would be able to even start answering the proposed opening question lol.

I need some proof first before redoing the scoreboard.
Not that I do not trust your word but some of the people high up on the board right now may call me out for not being accurate enough when they fall down through the ranks.

As I expected, the real Zombies have not shown their ugly faces yet but rumours, myths and fairytales have broken through already.
Indeed, there are some really sick people around here that need help desperately.

I happen to have been on 2 meetings with fellow watch lovers where a lot of showing off and trading as well as nice talking and social drinking was going on.
After everyone had unpacked his jewels for the others to see one felt like being in the secret vault of an AD, maybe even better.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I need some proof first before redoing the scoreboard.
Not that I do not trust your word but some of the people high up on the board right now may call me out for not being accurate enough when they fall down through the ranks.

As I expected, the real Zombies have not shown their ugly faces yet but rumours, myths and fairytales have broken through already.
Indeed, there are some really sick people around here that need help desperately.

I happen to have been on 2 meetings with fellow watch lovers where a lot of showing off and trading as well as nice talking and social drinking was going on.
After everyone had unpacked his jewels for the others to see one felt like being in the secret vault of an AD, maybe even better.

Let the zombies forever stay hidden, they would strike fear in any new rep collector. They warn of the true dangers of the hobby and after all we try to pretend RWI is a safe place where people can indulge in a nice little pastime. It is like gardening or knitting really.

I have seen such ensembles as posted above and I am indeed guilty of partaking. It would make Sodom and Gomorrah look like Little House on the Prairie.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I’m in the hobby since 2004-05 with a period of being out a couple of years (2008-10).

if we are speaking about reps only, through my hands passed for sure something around 200 pcs. and my current collection is made of around 100 pcs. (~60 PAM with around 100 straps for them). I don’t keep track how much I spent in total but let say that the most I spent on a custom made rep is 2200$ and the cheapest I have was 150$ (maybe in total 5/100pcs are in that “value” range).

as a final not, let me just say that I recently paid for a double tourbillon Roger Dubuis rep and we all know that one ain’t cheap :D

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
wise words as always
feel guilty as hell now

If they come we will be ready for them.

source.gif

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
that gear is reserved for the redditiots
the real ones need a silver bullet in the head or a sharpened wooden stake into the heart
a nice fire should work as well but safer shoot them first

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Oh boy! The dark side of RWI has begun to show. OP you opened Pandora’s box..........

if you don’t control your addiction it will certainly control you

Reactions: leo6929

alfonzo

25/7/19
I bought 5 in the last 2 weeks! Now I am no where near old Trailboss but if they don't come up with a vaccination then I am surely in deep shit...

Money spent? Well since most of mine are frankened or Gensteined I would guess ... (Don't tell the wife) 20K USD-ish

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I bought 5 in the last 2 weeks! Now I am no where near old Trailboss but if they don't come up with a vaccination then I am surely in deep shit...

Money spent? Well since most of mine are frankened or Gensteined I would guess ... (Don't tell the wife) 20K USD-ish

Yeah that's where most of the money goes, shoot just the dial for my patek was like $1500

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I mean
doesn't our hobby formally qualify as a sort of addiction or mental disease?
maybe we can get our watches on doctors recipe

I'm looking for some kind of itemization on my taxes haha

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I'm looking for some kind of itemization on my taxes haha

Clothing and accessory expenses.
doesn't our hobby formally qualify as a sort of addiction or mental disease?

The DSM-5 TR should be out in May. They are accepting proposals for alterations. I am told strictly in confidence that "Watch Addiction", with sub categories of "rep watch addiction", "needing the newest version of the noob sub disorder" and "franken compulsive disorder" will indeed be included in the final release.

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand

The DSM-5 TR should be out in May. They are accepting proposals for alterations. I am told strictly in confidence that "Watch Addiction", with sub categories of "rep watch addiction", "needing the newest version of the noob sub disorder" and "franken compulsive disorder" will indeed be included in the final release.

Is this mean I can finally park my car at the disabled parking when I go to the post office? Or taking a day off due to mental breakdowns from selling and shipping a rep watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Lol this was a good read!

Here’s one more “ambivalent rep-gen mood disorder”.