• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How Much Have You Spent?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
i am around 6k euro in the last 3 years. I have sold some, so i took some back

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
This is a sickness that I have. I am a watchahaulic and my name is Nanook65.....
I do have a spreadsheet that I keep track of things. I started it about 3 yrs ago when I found reps for a second time. I have skipped entering things for long periods of time as I don't like to think about this too often. Since you asked I decided it was time to update it once again and see where I am at. Currently I have 19 watches in my collection, 9 Gens and 10 Reps. I have had a total of 60 watches in my posession at some point in the past 3 yrs.

There are quite a few ways I think the OP's question could be answered.....
Grand total including all watches, Straps, Tools, Servicing etc just south of $30,000.

Obviously since I have sold a lot of them I have recovered a lot of it back, but if I look at how much I currently have tied up in this hobby I would put it a little above $10,000. I would include in this $ all watches that I currently have in the collection, the money I have lost selling wataches, the money I have spent on straps, servicing and Tools that I have bought.

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
> $62,000

I have sold off most of them though. Quite a few buy, try, and flip. This community is unlike any other for that.

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
well Gentlemen
thanks to OP (wonderful idea) we have this little confession thread going where one can find comfort for his own misery by comparing to other lost souls

I can proudly present now the current score board which is obviously only an interim score as the real Zombies amongst us have decided not to get out of the bushes yet and show their ugly faces.

Here's the score by absolute value spending:

1. ssouthall6 - clearly the winner so far if he was speaking of a Gen RM (might have been a Rep though)
2. Art Tic - doesn't want to tell so it must be somewhere up high; probably ashamed to share the extent of his foolishness; self-awareness is a good start into therapy
2. stxtf - 62k not disclosing current state but sounds promising - please share phone number of your shrink (if you didn't make up your selling off story that is)
3. efajri - 32k not bad buddy; you're in the Champions league
4. Nanook65 - 30k down to 10k; there is hope he may have found a path out (pls confirm)
5. n1co59000 - 25K€ not a man of a lot of words but value speaks for itself
6. Tompa - 20k has a Santa Clause reindeer sledge and is moving upwards fast
7. nobby - 16.5k for 55 wins the Cheapie medallion for best cost average (not proven by pics though)
8. schlonz - 15k - well, what can I say other that I am half drunk while writing, good midfield though
9. down_under - 14k in 1 year; run rate monster and trying hard to beat nobby; if I'd have to make a bet I'd put my cash on you
9.5. mclarendude - 12k better late than never
10. freediver - 6k try harder mate
11. nipe - 5k good try; maybe next time
12. axel.brass - 2,5k trying to impress with 3-4 digit figures; try to get out as long there is still time

Not on the scoreboard but well worth mentioning.

1. Tucker - for best video which sums up the bottom line in the least possible amount of words
2. rolexwatchfan - for best smartass remark
3. Repworld - good friend of and trying to beat rolexwatchfan

Please don't fry me for having messed up and not gotten the scoreboard right.
As stated previously I am halfway drunk so I pledge for certifiable mental incapacity (should that be needed at all given my position on the scoreboard). Please consider that in your verdict.
Furthermore, this is the only way to impress as I do not know shit about watches so please take that into account as well.

Should I unintentionally have hurt anyones feeling by underestimating the lenght of his d... please report me to staff if or open a whining thread. I'd supply towels and sand bags if needed to manage the flooding.

So fellas, make your subscription to this blockbuster thread in order not to miss out on what surprises and miracles will be unveiled in the future - 12k

Last edited:

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
I have purchased 135 reps in total, and yes I keep a spreadsheet. Last 2 were AP RO and Hublot Classic Fusion tourbillons. First one was a WBK Rolex Sub in 2013, followed by a Big Bang Aspen and 111 H Fac PAM from Sead, who has handled all of my business since.

Reactions: schlonz

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
After some not that accurate arithmetic, for the last 9 years... countless reps, five or six big gens. +/- $12,000.

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
that's a true confession brother
let it all out
it's relieving

as we are confessing, myself, right now at this moment I am wearing two watches and it's not because I'm drunk
quite frankly I have catched myself occasionally thinking about where to put a third one

Last edited:

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
This is a subject I never wanted to know the answer to. So all of this is a guesstimate because I have kept no records. Since I started in the watch collection hobby about 2010 or so, I have bought over 200 watches. Started with Cheap Chinese watches on the internet,$15-$20 move up to "Invicta" and the like on shopping channels around $50-$200. I would say I bought between 40- 50 of these type of watches. Total cost is between 5k - 8k I would say. I found the rep forum in 2012 and have bought and sold over 100 rep watches, starting with cheapies between $100-$200 about 10 of those before I moved up to the good stuff. I been clearing out most of the reps probably have about 20-25 still. I probably spent over 35k total over the years on reps. But I have know way of knowing for sure. A conservative estimate 100 x $300. I had 4 super frankens that were $2000 , $1100, $900, $900. I also have about 20 gens, Seiko and Swiss made between $300 - $700. If you are just starting this hobby get out while you can. lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929 and schlonz

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
i'd say i'm in about 2-3k in half a year. think i bought about 8 total, and have sold off 5.
would guess i'm in around 100k on gens, although i've sold a handful off so not all out of pocket. usually run around 20 watches in the collection.
have gotten close to thirty and started feeling guilty.

found reps accidentally by buying on the gray market. so glad i did
glad to know i am not the only watchaholic !!!!

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
well Gentlemen
thanks to OP (wonderful idea) we have this little confession thread going where one can find comfort for his own misery by comparing to other lost souls

I can proudly present now the current score board which is obviously only an interim score as the real Zombies amongst us have decided not to get out of the bushes yet and show their ugly faces.

Here's the score by absolute value spending:

1. ssouthall6 - clearly the winner so far if he was speaking of a Gen RM (might have been a Rep though)
2. Art Tic - doesn't want to tell so it must be somewhere up high; probably ashamed to share the extent of his foolishness; self-awareness is a good start into therapy
2. stxtf - 62k not disclosing current state but sounds promising - please share phone number of your shrink (if you didn't make up your selling off story that is)
3. efajri - 32k not bad buddy; you're in the Champions league
4. Nanook65 - 30k down to 10k; there is hope he may have found a path out (pls confirm)
5. n1co59000 - 25K€ not a man of a lot of words but value speaks for itself
6. Tompa - 20k has a Santa Clause reindeer sledge and is moving upwards fast
7. nobby - 16.5k for 55 wins the Cheapie medallion for best cost average (not proven by pics though)
8. schlonz - 15k - well, what can I say other that I am half drunk while writing, good midfield though
9. down_under - 14k in 1 year; run rate monster and trying hard to beat nobby; if I'd have to make a bet I'd put my cash on you
9.5. mclarendude - 12k better late than never
10. freediver - 6k try harder mate
11. nipe - 5k good try; maybe next time
12. axel.brass - 2,5k trying to impress with 3-4 digit figures; try to get out as long there is still time

Not on the scoreboard but well worth mentioning.

1. Tucker - for best video which sums up the bottom line in the least possible amount of words
2. rolexwatchfan - for best smartass remark
3. Repworld - good friend of and trying to beat rolexwatchfan

Please don't fry me for having messed up and not gotten the scoreboard right.
As stated previously I am halfway drunk so I pledge for certifiable mental incapacity (should that be needed at all given my position on the scoreboard). Please consider that in your verdict.
Furthermore, this is the only way to impress as I do not know shit about watches so please take that into account as well.

Should I unintentionally have hurt anyones feeling by underestimating the lenght of his d... please report me to staff if or open a whining thread. I'd supply towels and sand bags if needed to manage the flooding.

So fellas, make your subscription to this blockbuster thread in order not to miss out on what surprises and miracles will be unveiled in the future - 12k

LMAO! thx for this bro!
How’s your head this morning?
I keep a spreadsheet like most of you guys as well.... i should go update this!
We should have a scoreboard of average/piece/time in the hobby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
LMAO! thx for this bro!
How’s your head this morning?
I keep a spreadsheet like most of you guys as well.... i should go update this!
We should have a scoreboard of average/piece/time in the hobby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I even keep the length of time that I have had each watch. My longest kept rep is a AP ROO Panda from JF Factory. Running like new for just over 5 years now. My shortest- some I have sold off a day after receiving the orange-taped Styrofoam box in the mail.

Reactions: AlphaProt

AlphaProt

Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
I even keep the length of time that I have had each watch. My longest kept rep is a AP ROO Panda from JF Factory. Running like new for just over 5 years now. My shortest- some I have sold off a day after receiving the orange-taped Styrofoam box in the mail.

Now its always good to record your addiction bro! Haha

its_me

Horology Curious
9/10/10
This thread makes me feel better about spending 3.5k on two frankens :D great idea OP

yeah it made me feel better knowing others have spent a lot more lol.

it's interesting to see a lot buy and then sell the watches on. i guess its a smart way of having the thrill of constant new watches without having too high of a total outgoing. its something i didn't really think about doing before.

though saying that, this has made a grey area in this thread that can only be solved with a new thread "show your total collection of current watches and value in one photo" :D

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
schlonz Oh no, my friend. It wasn't a sarcasm. Say, my current 30 watch box (reps only) is worth roughly $48K with my top rep being $11K with change and my 31st watch - Noob 116610LN V10 daily beater being the least money spent at $560.00. And Tucker is about right the total money spent up to date. :hehehe:

Last edited: