How Much Have You Spent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Have You Spent?

i just realised, i hardly ever buy replicas, 4 of them over a 10 year period, yet i've somehow managed to spend 4 figures on them.

it made me wonder, if i can spend that while hardly ever buying them and picking cheaper options, how much have you guys that are into your replicas in a big way spent on them over the years? has anyone ever hit 6 figures just on replicas?

I have spent closed to $32,000 since I found the rep community. I currently have a little over 60 reps and gens.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
    https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

Comment

Are we talking about money spent on up to date or on single, most expensive rep we've ever bought?

Comment

Originally posted by efajri View Post
        I have spent closed to $32,000 since I found the rep community. I currently have a little over 60 reps and gens.

You should get a special avatar tag for that - real dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by efajri View Post

We talking about Reps not Gens..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

probably 15k in Rep's in the past 5 years including losses on sales and repairs and ...
            maybe another 10k in microbrands
            current totalizer is around 55 watches but quite hard to tell since constantly changing

so quite some more distance to cover until 6 digit

Comment

Originally posted by Repworld View Post

We talking about Reps not Gens..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              To clarify:
              After I joined RWI, I've spent almost $32,000 on reps
              My total collection so far is 63 watches: 54 reps and 9 gens
              My 9 gens are Rolex 116610LN, Baume et Mercier Clifton, Frederick Constant Runabout, Tissot Gentleman, Victorinox INOX, Glycine Combat Sub, Timex The Waterbury, Bulova Automatic, Citizen Eco-Drive AR 2.0
              https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

Comment

Ooh... I do like a confessions thread.

I got bitten quite badly by the rep buying bug almost exactly a year ago, after I decided to get a fake watch for my birthday and see what the quality was like. I was impressed...

One year later, and I've bought (as of the latest, yesterday) 78 watches. I still have around 55 of them. The total spend has been around £16.5k. That includes 3 Frankens, 1 moderately pricey tripdog, and 3 not very pricey gens.

Comment

Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
                  I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

Originally posted by n0bby View Post
                    78 watches. I still have around 55 of them
                    Wow gj n0bby. Want to share some collection photos of your favorites? I've been around for a little over a month and have 4, going on 5 reps, so about $2.5k and thought I was going deep too quick. Maybe time for some more watches? ^_^

Comment

On reps, I have spent 15% of what I spent on gen. I get a lot more joy playing/tweaking/wearing the reps. My wife and kids think I am crazy, but they don't know.
                      Like many others, I am seeking a decent TC16610

Comment

In 2019 $854 USD
                        In 2020 month of Jan. I've already doubled in the first month = $1,697 USD

Not counting shipping fees.

Comment

Originally posted by axel.brass View Post
                          In 2019 $854 USD
                          In 2020 month of Jan. I've already doubled in the first month = $1,697 USD

Not counting shipping fees.
                          But to be fair to myself all of 2020 are gifts to family...

Comment

Originally posted by valueprop View Post
                            Wow gj n0bby. Want to share some collection photos of your favorites? I've been around for a little over a month and have 4, going on 5 reps, so about $2.5k and thought I was going deep too quick. Maybe time for some more watches? ^_^
                            Thank you kindly.

I swing wildly between feeling that my collecting is out of control and I need to purge and reduce the number drastically - then seeing someone post pictures of their 400 watch collection and panic that I'm not buying them fast enough... The latter sentiment is currently winning.

I'll get some updated pics of the watch boxes and post 'em here (they've changed just in the space of the last few weeks).

Comment

Removed the pics, as they're not really relevant to this thread.
                              Last edited by p0pperini; 21-01-20, 10:52.

Comment

Working...
                              X