• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Biggest tell in any rep

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
The biggest tell is the insecurity in the demeanor of the wearer. This insecurity is derived from believing that more than one in one million people can spot the difference between the worst Canal St rep and a gen.
This and the further belief that anyone cares enough to even notice the watch you are wearing .

I buy watches for one person in the world.

I am that person.

MarkToner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/18
IMHO biggest tells are obvious misalignments, eg way crooked date, if someone asks to see the watch. Otherwise, I'd agree. For most people that you know, a fancy watch on a shabby person is perhaps possible, but says more about their misguided values than anything else. When I see someone who probably makes <$100k with a Rolex I think that they are too concerned with impressing people and not concerned enough with actually living to the maximum for their earning potential. I know a medium wage hospital worker that has several very nice gens and lives otherwise very humbly and feel sorry for them for believing the marketing hype. It's worth considering for the folks in the forum what the people around you who tactfully decline commenting on your watches actually think about your 15 Rolex's. And for folks looking to get into it that are in that position, in my opinion it's not a good look.

I definitely agree