• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are the QC pics and received product REALLY what you ordered?

CaptTango1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/1/20
United States
Hello folks, this may or may not have been covered here. However, If I place an order from let's say Pure Time for a Sub Noob V10 or a BP Navitimer GMT, how do I know that the QC pics and product sent are in fact what I ordered and payed for? Can anyone give me some insight as to what to look for and how to avoid any potential issues? Thank you in advance.

valueprop

17/12/19
Tell them to take a picture putting a shoe on their head while hold the watch. But seriously, that's the point of having TD's...we should be able to trust them. At least as far as delivering what they show us, albeit they sometimes hide things or don't tell us about flaws that we then discover. The long term relationship this forum has with these dealers should calm you. Up to you to realize whether the watch in the QC pictures is what you ordered.

Reactions: SlapNuts

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I demand they use a gold-ink permanent marker to put dots on the caseback and every bracelet link. Then, once I receive the watch, I used a high power magnifier to meticulously verify the dots match the QC pictures. If the dots don't match, I send it back.

Reactions: Rx4Time

CaptTango1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/1/20
United States
I was thinking more along the lines of ordering a lets say the more expensive version of the sub from noob which is now the V10, and getting a piece from either a different factory or an older version.. That was my inquiry... Not trying to start any issues, just asking a question.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
First, they are trusted for a reason. Even though some may have laughable practices (compared to amazon) they are trustworthy given the industry

Second, while you may not be able to tell the difference, enough people who buy from a TD (as opposed to dhgate) could tell the difference between noob and zf. It’s a hell of a risk to pull that off as practice.

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
If you have reason to believe that the watch in the QC is not the version you ordered or not from the factory stated you may post a QC pic and ask the forum for a second opinion. As stated above our TD:s are trusted. They make misstankes too, but they will not deliberately try to scam you.

Good luck with your purchase!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
While it was most likely just a mistake, I had it happen. I bought a U-Boat Chimera Bronze from a TD a couple of years ago. Those have a serial number on the outside edge of the case. The watch I received had a different number than the QC pics they sent me. The watch looked and performed fine, so I just alerted the TD of the problem and received a prompt apology for the mix-up.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
How does the TD know you won't just say you got sent a box of onions?

Reactions: 5t3f4n

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
How does the TD know you won't just say you got sent a box of onions?

Every time I see the quote in Tucker 's sig I laugh at the pathos, as I imagine the pain of this rep buyer's experience... "I wanted this omega so bad :/ I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo..."

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Sead sent me QC pics of a $200 FM and I got a bloody $600 gold RM...these bloody scamming TD's! How am I going to make a spaghetti bolognese without onions?!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
  • 6 large red or yellow onions (about 3 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced root to stem , about 10 cups of sliced onions total
  • 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar
  • Salt
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 8 cups of beef stock, chicken stock, or a combination of the two (traditionally the soup is made with beef stock)
  • 1/2 cup of dry vermouth or dry white wine
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon (loose) of fresh thyme (can also use a few sprigs of fresh thyme) OR 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (more to taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
  • 8 slices French bread or baguette cut 1-inch thick
  • 1 1/2 cups of grated Swiss Gruyere and a sprinkling of Parmesan

1 Caramelize the onions: In a 5 to 6 quart thick-bottomed pot, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and toss to coat with the olive oil.

Cook the onions, stirring often, until they have softened, about 15 to 20 minutes.

Increase the heat to medium high. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the butter and cook, stirring often, until the onions start to brown, about 15 more minutes.

Then sprinkle with sugar (to help with the caramelization) and 1 teaspoon of salt and continue to cook until the onions are well browned, about 10 to 15 more minutes.

Add the minced garlic and cook for a minute more.

2 Deglaze the pot with vermouth: Add the vermouth to the pot and scrape up the browned bits on the bottom and sides of the pot, deglazing the pot as you go.

3 Add stock and seasonings: Add the stock, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and lower the heat to maintain a low simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes.

Season to taste with more salt and add freshly ground black pepper. Discard the bay leaves. Add brandy if using.

4 Toast French bread slices: While the soup is simmering, line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack in the upper third of the oven.

Brush both sides of the French bread or baguette slices lightly with olive oil (you'll end up using about a tablespoon and a half of olive oil for this).

Put in the oven and toast until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven.

Turn the toasts over and sprinkle with the grated Gruyere cheese and Parmesan. Return to oven when it's close to serving time and bake until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.

5 Serve: To serve, ladle soup into a bowl and transfer one cheesy toast onto the top of each bowl of soup.

Alternatively, you can use individual oven-proof bowls or one large casserole dish. Ladle the soup into the bowls or casserole dish. Cover with the toast and sprinkle with cheese. Put into the broiler for 10 minutes at 350° F, or until the cheese bubbles and is slightly browned.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
i like onion rings
1465568394345.jpeg

Reactions: Rx4Time