• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 36 DJ with a gen or better date wheel - questions

Samsmitty

Horology Curious
5/1/20
I don't like diamonds on the dial. I think it's kind of feminine. Apart from that I like the structure of the jubilee dial very much. Especially in combination with roman numerals.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-07-at-4-01-25-PM.jpg

So did some research and found some DJFs with
Asian Super 3135 Clone Automatic Movement at 28800 vph, stable

and other ones with

Movement Asian 2824 Super Clone Automatic Movement at 28800 vph

The ones with the 3135 movement are more expensive for some reason but you guys are saying that the 2824 is the more reliable movement speed?

Sorry for all the questions this is my first time.

Also if I email chazingtime and tell them to put an ARF bracelet on my DJF watch would they do it? Also I cant find a polished DJF without the diamond dial.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Linky80

Known Member
4/9/18
There must be a rep DW that is close to gen to swap over for the ARF 3135... there has to be????

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
So did some research and found some DJFs with
Asian Super 3135 Clone Automatic Movement at 28800 vph, stable

and other ones with

Movement Asian 2824 Super Clone Automatic Movement at 28800 vph

The ones with the 3135 movement are more expensive for some reason but you guys are saying that the 2824 is the more reliable movement speed?

Sorry for all the questions this is my first time.

Also if I email chazingtime and tell them to put an ARF bracelet on my DJF watch would they do it? Also I cant find a polished DJF without the diamond dial.

Thank you for your help.

The big advantage of the 2824 movement is, that you can replace it relatively cheap with a genuine ETA 2824 movement, if it should ever stop running. It is an extremely robust, durable and low-maintenance movement, which is rightly called "swiss tank". In my opinion, this is the perfect movement for someone who simply wants to enjoy his watch without having to worry about modifications.

I don't know if Chazingtime would change your bracelet. Well, you can ask. If not, you can do it relatively easily yourself. Watch a Youtube video. It's really not rocket science.

What do you mean by polished DJF?

Samsmitty

Horology Curious
5/1/20
The big advantage of the 2824 movement is, that you can replace it relatively cheap with a genuine ETA 2824 movement, if it should ever stop running. It is an extremely robust, durable and low-maintenance movement, which is rightly called "swiss tank". In my opinion, this is the perfect movement for someone who simply wants to enjoy his watch without having to worry about modifications.

I don't know if Chazingtime would change your bracelet. Well, you can ask. If not, you can do it relatively easily yourself. Watch a Youtube video. It's really not rocket science.

What do you mean by polished DJF?

Like the smooth bezel and not the fluted one. Because the fluted ones are supposed to be gold. It would be too obvious.
What do you think of this one here? They also have an option to make the diamonds real.

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/4567...ubilee-dial-on-ss-oyster-bracelet-sa3135.html

Thank you for your help.

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
Like the smooth bezel and not the fluted one. Because the fluted ones are supposed to be gold. It would be too obvious.
What do you think of this one here? They also have an option to make the diamonds real.

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/4567...ubilee-dial-on-ss-oyster-bracelet-sa3135.html

Thank you for your help.

It's really not obvious at all. My ARF bezel is not white gold either, but it reflects, shimmers and sparkles as if it were. This makes the bezel stand out clearly from the steel case. I remember reading once that the fluted bezel is rhodium-plated to achieve this effect. Just take a look at these two wristshots and see how the bezel reacts wonderfully to the light. I would always prefer the fluted bezel over the smooth bezel.

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
Oh, and by the way, about your linked Datejust. As I was saying, I consider diamonds on the dial to be quite feminine. Real or not. Since the Datejust 36 is more of an unisex size anyway, I wouldn't want to have additional diamonds on the dial. Because then it looks like I accidentally put on my wife's watch.

But I'm (apart from watches) not that much of a jewellery guy anyway. Therefore this is really only my personal opinion. If diamonds suit you personally and it fits your style, then you shouldn't let my opinion stop you.

MR2517

Known Member
26/11/19
trendconcept is your datejust a 36mm? Also, is that the crystal that came with the watch or have you replaced with another. Beautiful watch btw

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The date wheel on the ARF V3 still sucks. It's a real pity. A genuine date wheel is a must.

Does it have to be a Roulette DW? Because the normal ones (all numbers black) would be a lot cheaper. A new one is available for $150, a used one for $100.

I used an ARF Datejust 36 as a base for my Genstein.

Rep

Genstein

In my eyes, the differences between the rep and the gen roman dial are quite drastic.

But are the dials of comparible production years? For instance the rep dial pictured could be of copy a say 2014 dial and your gen dial is from a different year, then there will be differences as Rolex routinely change dial layouts. You need same production year or you’re not comparing apples with apples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
But are the dials of comparible production years? For instance the rep dial pictured could be of copy a say 2014 dial and your gen dial is from a different year, then there will be differences as Rolex routinely change dial layouts. You need same production year or you’re not comparing apples with apples.

Basically correct. I was too lazy to search the internet for the same year of production. But that only affects the bold of the Roman numerals. But that the Rolex crown looks wrong (two-dimensional) and is much too close to the railroad track remains a fact. The font is not quite correct and the print is not sharp enough. The railroad track is too bold. Even the line spacing is wrong: Oyster Perpetual is too far from Rolex and too close to Datejust. But these are all known problems that have already been discussed in the corresponding thread. You can see all this on the comparison. But I should have added the fact that for some years the Roman numerals were really (almost) as bold as on the dial of the replica. In this respect I am grateful for your contribution.

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
trendconcept is your datejust a 36mm? Also, is that the crystal that came with the watch or have you replaced with another. Beautiful watch btw

Thank you. Yes, it was an ARF DJ 36mm. Now it is all gen except the case and bracelet. So yes, the crystal has been replaced with the correct gen crystal (B25-295-CAR-C1).

Reactions: MR2517

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
What you’re pointing out in minute difference.

The coronet (crown) on the dial usually is a little flatter than Gen. you can’t see it in real life on the wrist, the ARF dials coronet is a little out of shape it’s very hard to see if regularly get them mixed up.

in fact when the light catches the coronet at certain angles the shadows cast can make it look 3D. In regard to its placement to the railroad, it is within rolex tolerance this has been discussed. rep silver dials have slightly better placement. Again, differences in text boldness etc can be attributed to dial iteration and no one looking at it would see it let alone know the text is .1mm thicker or have committed every variation of dial produced to memory. It’ll only be seen with correct year gen next to it and comparing, who’s going to do that.

We only know these things exist because we compare to Gen (as I mentioned in previous post, people don’t even do this properly)

When you buy a gen watch it come as it comes and you wear it and don’t fuss over the tiny details

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Thank you. Yes, it was an ARF DJ 36mm. Now it is all gen except the case and bracelet. So yes, the crystal has been replaced with the correct gen crystal (B25-295-CAR-C1).

That’s a GMT crystal mate