• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch winder and replica watches. Good idea?

Watchloverz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/19
EU
Hi'

Santa brought me a watch winder this Christmas. 4 locations, perfect for my collection.

But is it a good idea to place the repro watches inside?

Will the movements suffer or be damaged? Or is it better to let the watches discharge and re-prime them when i wear them?

Many thanks

Best regards.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Ask Santa, after all he gave it to you!
Watch winders have no judgement, just make sure it’s RPM is adjustable in reference to the movement. You don’t want them to Overwind. Load it up post a pic of your collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
One says watch winder is good to keep an automatic running; one says watch winder is bad because it’s reducing the life of the movement due to unnecessary wear and tear.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Watchloverz

23/6/19
EU
I’ve just found another thread using google. So, it’s 50/50...there’s pro and cons.

My watch winder has 3 modes:
- 1800tpd clockwise.
- 1800tpd anti-clockwise
- 3600tpd mixed

Actually i'm using the 3600tpd. I have to reduce the time of use as not to stress the movements.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I’ve just found another thread using google. So, it’s 50/50...there’s pro and cons.

My watch winder has 3 modes:
- 1800tpd clockwise.
- 1800tpd anti-clockwise
- 3600tpd mixed

Actually i'm using the 3600tpd. I have to reduce the time of use as not to stress the movements.

There are pros and cons to believing in Santa too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watchloverz

23/6/19
EU
I've tried to ask him what's the best to do but he's on vacation till mid-december :D