• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bringing AFR Sub to Canada via Land

norco61

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Hi guys,
I have made a purchase here on the platform from one of the fellow members recently and need your advise.

Seller has preferred not to ship the watch outside of CONUS. i reside in Canada very close to the border so i decided to get it shipped to one of the US cities 10 min drive from the border for me to come physically and pick up.
Now i am researching options how to handle this best way possible. As far as i understand its illegal to sell counterfeit good, but its legal to have them for your personal use ? is it ok if i take it though the border ? If no, and im going to ware it low key under the coat while crossing the border and though out any packaging /ups tags. Can it still be taken away etc.
Anyone can share thoughts/ experiences on the matter ? Keep in mind watch is high end rep and imitating R SubC which is 10k + in stores.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
People think too much into this. Honestly, you would be fine shipping the watch over the border. I generally mark as "horological parts for repair" and a low value. Wrap it up in bubble wrap and send off.

Regarding going over the border, there's no issues with wearing it back. How often has CBSA stopped you and asked about your watch? lmao. As long as you don't scream "I'm wearing an illegal replica" I'm confident you'll be fine.

The only issue with the border approach is if you come back quickly, they'll ask what you were doing. Maybe ship something else to the location / buy something down there / spend a few hours there to show you had a reason other than your watch to drive across the border?

Reactions: rabl253 and norco61

norco61

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Yes , exacty, im picking up a parcel valued at $100 with something you cant ship here directly .

norco61

Horology Curious
26/9/19
I have decided to ship it to myself to canada lol
Any advise/guide how to clear customs? im researching here on the forum but not that much info available. Maybe fellow members can give some valuable much-appreciated advice on how to minimize the risk of a compete loss and make it a smooth transaction. keep in mind its an expensive piece..

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi guys,
I have made a purchase here on the platform from one of the fellow members recently and need your advise.

Seller has preferred not to ship the watch outside of CONUS. i reside in Canada very close to the border so i decided to get it shipped to one of the US cities 10 min drive from the border for me to come physically and pick up.
Now i am researching options how to handle this best way possible. As far as i understand its illegal to sell counterfeit good, but its legal to have them for your personal use ? is it ok if i take it though the border ? If no, and im going to ware it low key under the coat while crossing the border and though out any packaging /ups tags. Can it still be taken away etc.
Anyone can share thoughts/ experiences on the matter ? Keep in mind watch is high end rep and imitating R SubC which is 10k + in stores.

Thanks in advance !

Just wear it back.

Reactions: tripdog and Raddave

norco61

Horology Curious
26/9/19
Ya and if I get I asked if I paid taxes on this ...it looks shinier then cats balls and they are not retarded , zero scratches on them , they are trained to look for things like that ..