• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Weight

51_ngh

Horology Curious
23/12/19
I can't seem to find the topic in search...

Looking at AP, Rolex (Jubilee Bracelet) and Pateks that weigh the same / broadly the same.

I know this means Stainless steal only, but the last Rolex I bought for Perfect Clones was noticeably light. Can anyone shed some light (no pun intended) on models that feel the same weight as the genuine - ie. great reps!

hm11esh

4/9/18
why does the weight of the watch bother you?

aesthetic is all you need to worry about unless you are trying to sell these as genuine watches which is frowned upon

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
i bet the rolex you bought and found light was 5 digit.

They all feel light, even the gens

Reactions: TESLA760

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I'd bet whatever rep you bought was exactly ther same weight as gen assuming is was ss. How would a ss watch that was exactly the same dimensions as gen weigh anything different than the same gen?

51_ngh

Horology Curious
23/12/19
I'd bet whatever rep you bought was exactly ther same weight as gen assuming is was ss. How would a ss watch that was exactly the same dimensions as gen weigh anything different than the same gen?

Well, clearly it wasn't otherwise I wouldn't ask the question, nor would it be an issue in the rep world for watches feeling too light?!?!

Reactions: Carlitto#1

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Dude, you just joined & have 1 post. Do you have a scale? I do....

I just know you are going to get all bent out of shape, but think about it and then you will know why new guys get the sort of answers they get.

You start out with "I can't find anything on this topic"....

Once two guys that have been here for a long time and have a combined >3000+ posts give you an answer you don't want to hear, you respond with basically telling me I am wrong and this weight thing is a big issue in the rep world, but somehow you can't find any info on it..... wtf

Reactions: TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have no clue what you're talking about. Most SS reps are the same weight as gens. My guess is that you're terribly confused.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Well, clearly it wasn't otherwise I wouldn't ask the question, nor would it be an issue in the rep world for watches feeling too light?!?!

well what did you buy and how much did it weigh ?

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
So...i think most of the SS reps have a similar weight like the gen. I had 116519LN and compared to the gen(white gold) was lighter. SUB, SD43, AP Diver, SS Noob Daytona...the weight is pretty much the same.
I never had a PP rep, so i can't say anything.

51_ngh

Horology Curious
23/12/19
Dude, you just joined & have 1 post. Do you have a scale? I do....

I just know you are going to get all bent out of shape, but think about it and then you will know why new guys get the sort of answers they get.

You start out with "I can't find anything on this topic"....

Once two guys that have been here for a long time and have a combined >3000+ posts give you an answer you don't want to hear, you respond with basically telling me I am wrong and this weight thing is a big issue in the rep world, but somehow you can't find any info on it..... wtf

Firstly, I am not new - I used to be on this forum several years ago, but couldn't find my credentials that I registered with to reset my account.

I stated that I had tried to search for the matter because I know users like you shoot down anyone that starts a topic which may have been discussed before.

I did not once imply it was an issue in the "rep world"; I simply stated I had purchased previous watches from trusted dealers that appeared very light in weight compared to the genuine watch. Instead everyone, except a couple of helpful people, replied with how weight isn't important or how I am planning to selling them as genuine watches. Using that logic, most of the topics on this forum don't matter. Indeed, why does any of the logic behind replicas matter. It's simply one element of the rep process that I found important because I like having something that feels in some respects, premium.

To the few that did try and help, thanks very much for your attempt to clarify and guide me - it was greatly appreciated (@Kimmeren123 , freediver, slashdotcom1)

Admin/Moderators - Feel free to close/delete this thread - clearly has no merit and is upsetting the keyboard warriors...

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I am a warrior now. I am hoping to be knighted soon.
Sent from my iPhone using RWI

For slaying thy question of watch weight from thoust own keyboard, I dub thee, brave warrior Knight, “Sir Keyboard”...defender of the dreaded watch weight flaw in the realm of RWI!

Last edited:
Reactions: mclarendude

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Firstly, I am not new - I used to be on this forum several years ago, but couldn't find my credentials that I registered with to reset my account.

I stated that I had tried to search for the matter because I know users like you shoot down anyone that starts a topic which may have been discussed before.

I did not once imply it was an issue in the "rep world"; I simply stated I had purchased previous watches from trusted dealers that appeared very light in weight compared to the genuine watch. Instead everyone, except a couple of helpful people, replied with how weight isn't important or how I am planning to selling them as genuine watches. Using that logic, most of the topics on this forum don't matter. Indeed, why does any of the logic behind replicas matter. It's simply one element of the rep process that I found important because I like having something that feels in some respects, premium.

To the few that did try and help, thanks very much for your attempt to clarify and guide me - it was greatly appreciated (@Kimmeren123 , freediver, slashdotcom1)

Admin/Moderators - Feel free to close/delete this thread - clearly has no merit and is upsetting the keyboard warriors...

I knew you would act all hurt. Why? I have no clue...
3 users: freediver, myself & bmw760 (combined 20,000 posts) all trying to be helpful, at least at first, all tell you that in our experience reps are pretty darn close to gens in weight.

You respond by telling us that you are an expert and not only did we hurt your feelings, but that we clearly don't know what we are talking about because you have bought reps that were light and cheap feeling.

Ok......
no one is trying to shut you down or hurt your feelings or anything like that.

Raddave asked what watch did you buy that you felt was lighter than it should have been? You never answered that question. It would be helpful for any of us that are actually trying to be helpful if you answered that question.

So do tell what watches do you have that you feel are lighter than they should be? Also what are the weights of your reps that you feel this way about?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

Instead of you getting your knickers in a twist , you should have just give us examples of 'light' reps . I say this because most of my reps are spot on or very close to the gen watch in weight , that includes Rolex reps .

Last edited:
Reactions: mclarendude

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
It must weigh the same

Somebody is bitchier than I am

Call me a keyboard warrior OP you will lose your ability to function on thos forum under your current username and any socks you make after that.

You ask advice but didnt bother to give a single example to reference.

I looked in the RWI utensil drawer and to my surprise there are not not an spoons left to feed you with

Sent from my Noob v9.5