• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed: No-allergy leather straps?

antoniomc27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Hi ,

I have been having problems with a leather strap I bought in (an apparently reputable) store for some good 50 bucks.
As you can see in the picture, the rash is important. I got it after maybe a week wearing it and not realizing how bad was it. Applied hydrocortisone and stopped wearing the watch for a month . Later on, I tried again, and after two days was bad again. note that I do not have the same reaction with steel or other materials, so I am guessing that I am allergic to either leather or to a some chemical they used in the manufacturing process / tanning.

I have been digging online and after much reaserch, I have only found ONE soruce of "no'allergy" strap, which is the brand Hirsch:https://www.hirschstraps.com/produc...ch-strap-in-brown?_pos=4&_sid=0ecc456dc&_ss=r

I would like to ask the community if you have any reviews to share about Hirsch, or if you could recommend me any other no-allergy leather straps. Thanks a lot.

antoniomc27

12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur

antoniomc27

12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks a lot Glaude. Looks like Hirsch's quality is a notch above.

I will try with this performance series first, and worse case scenario I will order the Camelgrain No Allergy model if I still get skin reaction.

antoniomc27

12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

my Hirsch strap arrived. Thanks a lot for the recommendations! Indeed no skin reaction thanks to the rubber. I find it a bit pricey but time will tell if it last for long and therefore becomes a fantastic investment :D

Here are the details of the strap I went for:
Hirsch JAMES Calf Leather Performance Watch Strap in BLACK 20mm / Medium (110mm/70mm) / Silver Buckle

And here are a couple pictures of the Real Madrid watch I fitted it in.