• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Watch You Ever Got?

bulldog54

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/18
What was the first watch you ever got? where from? how was the experience?

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
Not sure of your question so will answer two ways:

1 - First Watch: An old windup Timex that my dad stopped wearing because it was not keeping good time. I wore it for a long time and then destroyed it because I learned yoou were suppossed to oil watches if they got slow. I opened it up and carefully brushed the movement with mineral oil. (I was about 7).

2. First Rep: Almost exactly a year ago. I ordered a Tudor Black Bay Bronze Bucherer (Blue edition) from Puretime. The experience was great. I have worn the rep regularly since. Has developed a nice patina.

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
Not sure what my first watch ever, period, was. But the first watch I ever bought as an adult with my own money was a Seiko 5 SNK803 with the beige/khaki dial and beige strap. Sold it a few years later. Every once in awhile I get nostalgic and think to myself I should buy it again but then I think about how I hated the color and the movement doesn't hack and it's totally not my style and that keeps me from dropping the 80 bucks.

alfonzo

25/7/19
It was a small manual wind maybe 26mm DIA Timex. I got it when I was like 10 from my Grandmother who felt it was important for me to have a watch. It is still in a box in the garage somewhere.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
My first watch was a well worn Timex Marlin given to me when I was 8. Many months later, someone in my elementary school stole it when I took it off to wash my hands, and I cried like a baby. Never did get it back. I now have a few copies of the 60's Timex Marlin but still miss the one that started my fascination with wrist tickers.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
First watch ever was a GUL with yellow velcro strap everybody had to have one of those in the 90s.

​​​​

Brook1ja

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/19
I bought a vintage Oris as an India Special from eBay. It was basically what I paid for (assemblage of random parts and a repainted dial). Still have it, never wear it. It's broken haha.

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
16610LN TC from an M2M sale on here. I was hooked right away!

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
1 - First watch: Either a Mickey Mouse dial watch with Mickey’s hands as the watch hands. Or something called a Talk Boy I’d chosen out of an Argos catalogue. My cousin had a watch that could change the TV channel and I wanted it so much, but found a watch that recorded voice instead in the talkboy.

2 - TC Franken 16610LN. Lots of Gen parts. I’m totally in love with it and don’t imagine I could part with it. Very grateful to have bought it from a great guy who’d modded it with used gen parts here on RWI.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
This one! Awesome!

I had that same one in red! (Not kidding, ha!)

Also had one of those Casio calculator where you were able to put even alphanumeric characters. So I managed to write down the full periodic table which was very handy for my chemistry tests at school. Thank god for that because I could never remember the valencias of all elements.

My first rep was a lovely Omega Railmaster that served me well for almost ten years. Sold it here and I guess it’s still ticking:

Reactions: Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Supporter
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
My first watch was some forgettable Casio black plastic digital. I think I paid $10 for it new, which seemed like a lot when I was a teenager. When I bought my Gen SS Sub (used at an AD) I was reminded about the Casio. I'm not sure which watch purchase was more exciting at the time.

My first Rep was a copy of the SS Sub. I got it to wear when I didn't want to damage the Gen. This was about 12 years ago, and it wasn't nearly as good as the reps are now. It died about a year later and I threw it away.