• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Women's watch super rep

Applicator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/19
I'm currently looking for a super rep watch as a gift for a woman who will know it is a rep but would prefer that it is as close to gen on the wrist as possible. I've searched through some of the lists and it appears that the ones on the consensual list aren't really being sold by TD anymore.

Many of the suggestions on other threads I've read would be the cartier blue and Chanel. Was there a specific dial color for the blew that is most accurate or perhaps are there other nwbig/super rep other than these two that can still be purchased? I'm looking for something that isn't obnoxiously loud and definitely no diamonds or gold.

Reactions: elconquistador

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
there are many thread about this.. same questions.... Use the search button and you will soon find the answer.

Applicator

13/10/19
I did but many of the recommendations aren't really being sold and the most recent info filled one was around end of 2018 which means there may be better options now a year later.

I''m not asking to be spoon-fed if that's what you're implying but I definitely appreciate your input kind sir.

Reactions: AngelicRed

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
well you'r not searching it correctly. I suggest you grab a pot of coffee or can of monster and start reading through nwbig's list again or go to each brand section and read read read.
As for the getting a time piece from TD's from nwbig's list use any pictures.. i.e. search any model on google and send it over. TD's will do their best to source it for you.

Applicator

13/10/19
Based on what I've researched it looks like my best option is what most have suggested throughout all the threads which would be the carrier ballin bleu which I mentioned on my OP. What are your honest thoughts about the one that you purchased? I've also messaged a few of the people who ended up making the purchase to see what their honest thoughts are and to determine what color I should go for as they are, based on what I've read, very close to gen feel.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I got my wife a quartz movement with white dial. Personally, I think it's the best bang for the buck and she's really happy about it.
Most woman don't have enough knowledge about the moment, so I think it's waste to go for the automatic movement...
You can also look into datejust model. I think the trend is 36mm for women's as well.

Applicator

13/10/19
This lady is quite tiny and weighs under 100lbs sonin just concerned it'd look large if I were to get her a 36mm. I'm debating between the white or pink colors but I'm honestly unable to find which one is closest to Gen version.

She wouldn't care if it was quartz, in fact, it probably would be even easier for her if it was.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I purchased for my wife a rep Cartier Ballon Bleu 33mm and a IWC Portofino. I thought they looked quite good in comparison to gen. But she wore them about 3 times, declared she doesn't like the "feel" of fake watches, and went back to her old Piaget Dancer. Ironically, she has no problem carrying rep handbags... After twenty years, I still can't figure her out.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I purchased for my wife a rep Cartier Ballon Bleu 33mm and a IWC Portofino. I thought they looked quite good in comparison to gen. But she wore them about 3 times, declared she doesn't like the "feel" of fake watches, and went back to her old Piaget Dancer. Ironically, she has no problem carrying rep handbags... After twenty years, I still can't figure her out.

:rofl:

Applicator

13/10/19
And that's exactly why you're married ????

How can she even tell the feel of fake? Tell her it is rep and not a fake as these are 100% real watches.

Btw some bags are so we'll replicated that even stores have been accepting them as returns because they're such good replicas that they practically cannot tell them apart.

reptime101

15/9/18
cartier watches are at the lower spectrum of the price range, just get a gen bud