• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this Daytona gen or fake whats your take

Ruffis

21/6/15
Pic is nor good but what do you guys think
cd4d6b6177fbf0c6b67f4d4a8ccb3228.jpg
cd4d6b6177fbf0c6b67f4d4a8ccb3228.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

alfonzo

25/7/19
I think the image is shit and there is NO FING way to tell anything from that photo...

hm11esh

4/9/18
Really don't understand why people post pictures that have been taken by a potato and then ask if a watch is fake.

I think posts like this should be nuked. Too many trolls here now

Reactions: Rx4Time

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
not an expert opinion by far but i want to say the gold daytonas have a different lug shape, and the edge on the crystal shows a heavy white ring, which is indicative of the noob gasket.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Photo grab from a video, I believe op wants to call out someone, most likely someone who’s flashing their watch about online. Now faccck owfff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruffis

21/6/15
I posted this to get this reaction about blurry pics and how the f.....k anyone can tell.
If all the rep geeks here can’t tell from blurry pics how the F....k can this wrist buster and all the other people on Instagram bust all these people with blurry pics? I myself with all the good reps out there can’t even tell from clear pics and I hav a lot of gens and reps in my watchbox

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I posted this to get this reaction about blurry pics and how the f.....k anyone can tell.
If all the rep geeks here can’t tell from blurry pics how the F....k can this wrist buster and all the other people on Instagram bust all these people with blurry pics? I myself with all the good reps out there can’t even tell from clear pics and I hav a lot of gens and reps in my watchbox

I get what you mean, but maybe they have higher res photos in RAW format from say Getty before they make their assessment.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

well, there are some reps that are very easy to spot if you know where to look, the bad ones especially, even in blurry pics.

Usually people on IG call out pretty bad reps, they don't call out super reps or good reps in general, all the reps i see called out from wristbuster or other pages are pretty terrible, they usually take their shots when it's pretty clear that those are reps.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
for example, this guy has a beautiful PPF and a rep Calatrava hidden in between some gens, so no one is gonna call him out, firstly because he has a lot of beautiful gens, secondly because they are not sure about the fact that the PP is a rep, we know it because we are good at spotting, but unless they go for a close comparison they won't be able to spot it.

Whats-App-Image-2019-11-19-at-15-43-24.jpg

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
This doesn't mean that you should flaunt and show off your reps on instagram, because:

1) you are ridiculous

2) if you take some good pics of it, it's easy to spot, maybe people won't say anything, but if they know watches they will be able to know that it's a rep. (people don't need to call you out if they know that you wear reps, they could be laughing behind your back and you will never know)

3) don't show off with a rep on instagram, specially if you work in pizza delivery and your replica is a gold daytona or an iced out patek philippe ;)

4) you are ridiculous

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
3) don't show off with a rep on instagram, specially if you work in pizza delivery and your replica is a gold daytona or an iced out patek philippe ;)

Is my ice skydweller too obviously a fake?

Reactions: stufuse

Ruffis

21/6/15
Thanks for chiming in guys.
The guy that has the gold Daytona is flaunting all his reps on Insta all the time so its lame. Not to have a great rep but to act like he’s the founder of f...king HODINKEE

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Thanks for chiming in guys.
The guy that has the gold Daytona is flaunting all his reps on Insta all the time so its lame. Not to have a great rep but to act like he’s the founder of f...king HODINKEE

What is his Insta?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Truth is Don’t flash anything on insta, if you do you’re seeking affirmation from others

Little attention craving ‘look at me’ cretins

Reactions: freediver

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Who cares what people wear ?

Why worry about 'calling people out' ?

Why 'call people out' ?

Why care ?

Some of the saddest, stupidest, most miserable things you'll ever see in your life will be people.

Reactions: cpd2186 and stufuse

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Truth is Don’t flash anything on insta, if you do you’re seeking affirmation from others

Little attention craving ‘look at me’ cretins

Well that's what Insta is mainly for now... Love it or hate it.. We are now surrounded by wannabe "influencers", where money and free stuff to be made, it makes sense for people to stand out.

I might sound old, but when you live in London and you always see a lot of tourists, you get girls who looks like 12 (or even younger) doing Instagram poses and photograph by friends or even by their parents one has to wonder how in grained social media has now been immersed into our "normal" society....

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Well that's what Insta is mainly for now... Love it or hate it.. We are now surrounded by wannabe "influencers", where money and free stuff to be made, it makes sense for people to stand out.

I might sound old, but when you live in London and you always see a lot of tourists, you get girls who looks like 12 (or even younger) doing Instagram poses and photograph by friends or even by their parents one has to wonder how in grained social media has now been immersed into our "normal" society....

I hear ya buddy, I find it all very odd. Imagine people opening their bedroom windows and screaming the things they’d put on instagram out to passers by. LOL, keep doing that 1/2/3 times a day (like some people post)and you’re getting shipped off to the nut house, do it on social media it’s ok and normal. Their ‘friends’ even spur them on by liking that shit.

Oh well eh.

Last edited:
Reactions: bill33