• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is its legal to purchase replica watches in Pakistan

johnsmith12

Horology Curious
15/11/19
Pakistan
i read somewhere on internet purchasing replica is illegal, they didn't mention the country about where its illegal, but i have to double check it legal in pakistan or not ?

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Counterfeit goods or products that violate intellectual property law are illegal internationally. In certain countries (may include Pakistan) don’t enforce the law due to lack of resources or knowledge or not too important to pursuit. You would probably just have to pay small amount import duty.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:
Reactions: johnsmith12

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
i read somewhere on internet purchasing replica is illegal, they didn't mention the country about where its illegal, but i have to double check it legal in pakistan or not ?

I found this in the news .....

Yaseen, an advocate at the Lahore High Court, says that replicas are illegal and violate Copyright Act and sections 478 to 489 of the Pakistan Penal Code.

He says that brand owners can cope with this problem by registering their copyright. They can approach the FIA or police or a civil court for action, he says.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
What is always illegal in any country is the commercial aspect of counterfeit product aka selling them.

What is legal in most country is the possession of said product for personal use.

The law separate those two situation to crack down on re-sellers and mass importer.

There's some papers online talking about the counterfeit market in Pakistan, none of them is stricly speaking about this distinction.

While it seems that there's been a crackdown by authority on sellers of counterfeit product in Pakistan, it seems that the massive lack of intellectual property law in this country, make you quite immune as a simple consumer, so I wouldn't worry too much about it

Reactions: DaleM

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Read the news about a month ago, they openly trade organs in south-Asia. Leaving aside intellectual property. Sad but reality.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Read the news about a month ago, they openly trade organs in south-Asia. Leaving aside intellectual property. Sad but reality.

I hope those are lamb, pig and beef organs to make braised ox tongue, chopped liver, blood sausage and rocky mountain oyster etc.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
I hope those are lamb, pig and beef organs to make braised ox tongue, chopped liver, blood sausage and rocky mountain oyster etc.
I am afraid not...

edwinkx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/12
i am afraid there isn't a country that is legal to purchase a replica of any brand. It is just up to the fact how nasty your customs are while checking parcels. that said even if they seize it, unless u turn up to pick it up, there isn't really much they can do besides sending you a letter of suspicion of counterfeit product. No customs has a watch guru going through everything. (maybe some EU country do though...)

johnsmith12

Horology Curious
15/11/19
Pakistan
Thank You for response,
i also want to know do purchasing artificial replica jewelry is also illegal in USA, i contacted a company they told me, they can deliver Branded Replica Jewelry in USA but they also mentioned that we don't take any responsibility if customs of USA destroyed your product while in transit.
Guide me should i need to purchase?

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Isn't this an attempt at promoting a dealer here on the forum ?

What are the USA have to do with this initial question here that you asked ?