• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watches Seized by Police in Belgium

Magamg1

11/8/18
Hello guys,
last week i have been in diamond area in Antwerp when police took me off and controlled my car.
i had Two Replicas with me one was even superfranken.
for no reason they Told me they got to seize the watches and Investigate if everything ok with them.
I asked a friend of me who has a jeweelry Shop in Antwerp,he told me they check if the watches Are Stolen.
do you think they Give me the watches back eventhough i Tell them they Are Fake ?
i just Wear them myself i dont Trade them.
is someone informated about Law in Belgium or has been in a Similar Situation?
i live in Germany i was there for buying a Ring with Diamonds
im happy for ur Answers thanks

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
In general and in any country, police will do what they have to do if they suspect your intention or action may violate the law, and you are allowed to fight it in court.

In your case, yes, they may confiscate your reps if they think your reps are gen and been stolen. Since they are not custom officers, they will not tax you, but if they forward your case to custom then that’s a different story. They may confiscate your reps if they are instructed to destroy any counterfeit goods coming into the country. Or they may return your reps back to you safely.

My guess is they will find out that your watches are fake, and they will want to talk to you about it. Depending your answer and situation, you may get you reps back.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: GerRepFan

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Are you in holding at the moment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Are you in holding at the moment?

onsafari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
What grounds did they have for the initial search?

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Random control of the car and search of it ? Like that ? Belgium laws are pretty similar to France law and that couldn't happen here in those circumstances.

Are you sure it was police and not customs ?

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Your watches were seized, did you get any document by whom they were seized and what is the reason of the seizure?

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
What are the models of the reps ?

If too show-off maybe that catched their attention ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
He wanted answers and all he gets is questions.

Counterfeit goods are illegal in the EU, many countries in the EU will look the other way if you are caught with counterfeit goods on your person. However, in some countries they will seize and destroy your counterfeit goods, then crush your testicles to a bloody pulp if you are caught with any counterfeit items in your possession.

Belgium Customs are fairly tough it seems. What happens to your watches would depend on what section/department of Belgian law enforcement pulled you over and checked the contents of your car and then seized your watches - because they must have felt they had reason to stop and search you.

The only way to find out what happens is to wait - if you are a German citizen then it's unlikely you'll face any charges, but you may lose your watches - and your testicles.

In the meantime, here's some light reading for you:

https://www.eccbelgium.be/themes/unfair-practices/counterfeit-and-piracy/what-the-law-says

Magamg1

11/8/18
Hello guys,
thanks For Ur answers first.
1)They Pulled me over Because i didnt have a Seat belt.
2)The guys who pulled me Over Are Belgium Police Taskforce Goudi(Gold)who Are spezialised For the jewelry area in Antwerp.Because Most of Stolen jewelry in Europe comes there they often Control the Shops.
3)Today i called the Police there he told me that one watch is Marked as stolen in There data base which is obviously not possible as they Are reps.
i told them These Are rep watches and maybe the Stolen Gen has Same serial number as mine.
he told me to bring evidence that i bought the watches.
if the watches Are not really Stolen he would give me them back as they dont Care about 1-2 rep watches Thats Business of the Customer Service he told me

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Doesn’t sound bad after all, after he sees what reps especially a Franken does to the market he might enroll in this forum and start buying some! Good job make sure to tell him to become a supporter!

Genera74

29/12/14
Wonder how the police see your watches and immediately able to identify them as stolen and seize? It’d be easier for them to identify as rep and seize on that ground

Magamg1

11/8/18
These police in Antwerp are crazy really they were so aggressive I didnt see such police in my life.
i asked several times why you guys so aggressive because of not having a belt?
they controlled my whole car after they found nothing they took the watches 2 rep watches as if there is no other shit happening out there and the world is safer now

tructure

Supporter
6/1/15
Shame man, not cool at all and I hope you get your watches back safely.
Note to self: when traveling to Belgium, wear my Seiko.
Most importantly, wear your seatbelt ;)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

the antwerp diamond area is a highly monitored area by Belgian police. Illegal trafficking of jewelry, stolen and fake jewelry, whitewashing are a few problems that are known and they try to stop.
OP you probably were driving around in your own car with German numberplates? That made you more conspicuous to the police I'm afraid. I'f you were also driving around in a luxury car, that might have made it worse.
I hope you get your 2 watches back

Str1xt

Renowned Member
26/2/19
They would have arrested you on the spot for having alleged stolen watches?
"We have stopped you for not having a seat belt. Oh what's this ? That looks like a stolen watch, oh theres two of them. We are taking them off you, we don't care about your seat belt issue. Thanks for coming.......... bye". Dude I ain't falling for this.....

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I still wonder if the repmaker copied a stolen watch ...

onsafari

14/12/18
I still wonder if the repmaker copied a stolen watch ...

More likely the police were going for a bluff. The chances of matching serial numbers between a rep and stolen watch are slim to none.

Pixelman

8/11/19
WTF Europe???? they do this shit? that some totalitarian shit right there.