• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Glued On Inserts VS Gen Snap In Question

Oldschool Gwhiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Nor Cal
I find myself staying away from replica purchasing when it comes to bezel insert watches even though I really want some (I want to snag a Tudor BB) because I’m afraid the glue will let go at some point in front of people lol... I know real watches inserts snap in like subs, etc.

Should I be worried or am I tripping?

When modders remove the replica inserts and install gen are they having to glue those on?

These questions have been eating at me. Thanks in advance for the opinions guys!

Oldschool Gwhiz

14/12/18
Nor Cal
Haha, ok ok. But what about the swapping over to a gen bezel insert? Are they gluing the gen onto the rep? I should probably have asked that in the tech section.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I’ve had some snap in, and I WANT to add SG to add an extra layer of “hold.” High quality reps from the TD’s don’t just fall apart in your hands. Don’t mistake the so-called “tells” for lack of a decent quality build. If you’re that worried about reps, this hobby might not be the thing for you at all. Just a thought…… So don’t be OCD “trippin” enjoy your watch :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldschool Gwhiz

Oldschool Gwhiz

14/12/18
Nor Cal
I’ve had some snap in, and I WANT to add SG to add an extra layer of “hold.” High quality reps from the TD’s don’t just fall apart in your hands. Don’t mistake the so-called “tells” for lack of a decent quality build. If you’re that worried about reps, this hobby might not be the thing for you at all. Just a thought…… So don’t be OCD “trippin” enjoy your watch :)

This is why I just paid my subscription fee. Where else am I going to get input on subjects like this from people who have lived it?Where else am I going to get input on subjects like this from people who have lived it. Thank you!

Reactions: Warrcraft

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
This is why I just paid my subscription fee. Where else am I going to get input on subjects like this from people who have lived it?Where else am I going to get input on subjects like this from people who have lived it. Thank you!

Actually, Oldschool, I was probably way worse and worried about EVERYTHING (I joined RWI in 2006). So, you reminded me, of me! Lol It's all good, and reps today are much better then they were in 2006! Some have improved to the point were mod's, if needed at all, are small. Don't let the "OMG, I have tells" bug get to you! Believe me, the only people that can "tell" the "tells" are generally the folks on this site. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss, as 99.99% of the general population have no clue! As for the ceramic inserts, they are pretty damn solid-in-there. I've owned many reps, and have never had a ceramic insert fall out, though rare, I have had some metals inserts fall out. Then super glue (making sure not too much-so it's a clean re-install) to the rescue! :)

Oldschool Gwhiz

14/12/18
Nor Cal
Actually, Oldschool, I was probably way worse and worried about EVERYTHING (I joined RWI in 2006). So, you reminded me, of me! Lol It's all good, and reps today are much better then they were in 2006! Some have improved to the point were mod's, if needed at all, are small. Don't let the "OMG, I have tells" bug get to you! Believe me, the only people that can "tell" the "tells" are generally the folks on this site. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss, as 99.99% of the general population have no clue! As for the ceramic inserts, they are pretty damn solid-in-there. I've owned many reps, and have never had a ceramic insert fall out, though rare, I have had some metals inserts fall out. Then super glue (making sure not too much-so it's a clean re-install) to the rescue! :)

You are so right about there being some quality reps today. I bought this IWC a year ago and it feels the part, looks amazing, I get compliments all the time and I find myself reaching for it on the way out of the house often. I’m not sure how close the dial color is to the real one but it looks so don good, especially in the daylight.

thanks for letting me ask all those OCD questions. I’m sure you guys hear the same cycle of questions from noobies all the time. I really enjoy talking with other watch freaks. My wife gives a shit hahaha.

KKdlS.jpg

KKPJP.jpg

KKCdJ.jpg

KKXaW.jpg

KKkFQ.jpg

KK4AL.jpg

KKM6R.jpg

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I don't blame you for reaching for that watch...she is a beauty! And, right, they are common questions, but I always appreciated a polite response when I was new. As you probably already know, do a lot of reading on EVERY topic here on RWI. You will be amazed at the Mod's and many of the members knowledge!

Oldschool Gwhiz

14/12/18
Nor Cal
I have been blown away by what these guys are doing. Stuffing genuine movements into reps, etc. They are no different than the guys working for the watch companies, they just have to deal wit the parts they can source or create.

Im getting ready to tear the case back off and try some of the modding myself, so I’m preparing myself for some frustration lol.

I was the kid who took apart moms vacuum and when I put it back together I had “extra” screws... lmaooo