• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs Destroyed Yuki Product

Superdome

Horology Curious
12/9/19
So this recently happened to me. After I purchased a 7206 bracelet from Yuki, the customs office decided to destroy the bracelet due to violation of brand protection.
Unfortunately the contact at Yuki is not very coperative, meaning I they did not refund anything so I just blew quite some money.

Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, be warned.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
You should contact a sales mod; maybe they can help. Did you get the notice letter from custom?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Superdome

Horology Curious
12/9/19
Yes, I received a notice letter from customs.
Does this happen often when buying parts from Vietnam?

I was in contact with the guys at Yuki. But at some point they just did not respond to my emails anymore.
Unfortunately I paid via paypal friends & family so the money is gone.

Anyways, lesson learned. I will definetly avoid Yuki in the future

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
What did the customs say? Is it iligal to buy/own Replica watches/parts in germany? I have got mail from customs many times but they just want to know the value. For declaration. So i need to send a orderinvoice or somthing like that. Never heard of a eu country do like this..? Verry strange.

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Superdome

Horology Curious
12/9/19
Rolex is a registered trademark and therefore the brand is protected. So yes, non-OEM products are illegal as they violate brand protection laws.

The letter said that they inspected the shipped goods and came to the conclusion that it is a counterfeit product. I gave them a call to ask for more details. Apparently they have a list of criteria (e.g. country of origin, senders address, declared value, the product itself etc.) to evaluate such products.

I had the chance to disagre, but in consequence the brand would have to contract an expert to assess whether or not the product is OEM production or not.
Doesn't make sense to go this direction obviously so there was no way out.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
What is strange to me is consider you have been deceived and bought a rep part as gen

What happens then, you loose your money and the item too?

That's crazy

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
Could have happened with any TD.

Yes, but with Yuki being a TD, could the OP get mods involved assuming parts are covered for reshipping like a watch would be? The biggest issue the OP has is with Yuki, not necessarily that fact that it was seized. And he has the seizure letter. For a TD to stop communicating entirely with the OP is concerning.

OP, you do need to see if reshipment of seized merchandise is Yuki's policy.