• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New to reps and frankens, need some insight from the pros

DrasticLAG

Horology Curious
29/4/19
Hi people,

I just purchased an ARF v2 DJ in Stainlesss, with Fluted and Jubilee with SH3135 mov't.

When reviewing the QC images, I noticed that although the movement looks pretty close to genuine, there's no blue hairspring.

My question is:

If I were to buy a gen 3135 balance wheel with parachrom hairspring, would it fit into my ARF SH3135?

Furthermore, are there any trusted watch repairmen that I can trust with working on my watch?

Cheers,
TheDrasticLag

DrasticLAG

Horology Curious
29/4/19
Does the 3135 movement in a DJ 36mm even have a parachrom hairspring to begin with?

alfonzo

25/7/19
Of all the parts that are compatible with the Gen the balance spring, wheel, and bridge are not compatible. You would need to change the main plate to fit those parts. The Parachrom was standard on the 3135 starting around 2009 I believe. I am not the expert but am sure to be corrected by one if incorrect.

If you really want the blue spring get a VR3135 and put that in or swap the balance. But the spring is not the tell in the movement...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
It's a closed back watch so unless it needs a service, I wouldn't mess with the movement. Focus on visible upgrades as needed.