• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TrustyTime... what happened

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yep, and the dinosaurs are now extinct too - some shit about a meteorite.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Long story and it happened so long ago the threads about it are hard to find. The admin. here saw fit to remove them as a TD.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
No longer a TD = Not a Trusted dealer= Simple

Reactions: indierock Jim

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I have bought more than 15 watches in the past year from him with no issues. Always good service. But Li at JTime is my new go-to TD.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: indywatchguy

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I have bought more than 15 watches in the past year from him with no issues. Always good service. But Li at JTime is my new go-to TD.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
I have bought from him with minimal issues in terms of the buying process but have found him abrasive at times. Others have had worse experiences. I hear great things about JTime these days.

Reactions: indywatchguy

G123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/19
In have bought successfully from him. He cane through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.Martin

Known Member
17/12/11
USA
Bought my 984 from him and a couple others over the past year. And several others over a couple years ago. No problems as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rpsmithbarney

11/2/19
CONUS
Just received a new sub from Andrew at TT yesterday. No problems.

indywatchguy

Renowned Member
26/1/13
He’s a decent dealer however he does try to slip in watches with poor QC if you don’t catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treadmark501

31/8/11
Australia
Yea I know what you guys mean about some dealers and TD slipping watches with QC problems if you didn't catch them.

In the rep community QC is the biggest concern for almost everyone so to think that some TD claim of high standard QC process but then "slip" watches through is not good for us buyers.

Who are the recommended TD to buy from these days?

indywatchguy

Renowned Member
26/1/13
Yea I know what you guys mean about some dealers and TD slipping watches with QC problems if you didn't catch them.

In the rep community QC is the biggest concern for almost everyone so to think that some TD claim of high standard QC process but then "slip" watches through is not good for us buyers.

Li at JTime is amazing! Highly recommend! His QC is top notch and deliver speed off the charts!

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Just to put things in perspective, without denying anything you said and the importance of QC, remember that the number 1 problem for TD nowadays is said QC !

Raid always happened in the past, but without people being so nitpicky on QC pics, dealer and wholesaler never hold too much stock in one place, there was no need to, it was basicaly : one watch in, one watch out.

Now they are forced to keep more and more stock to be able to respond in time to customer rejecting QC without taking too much time, in the fear of issues with their clients.

QC may be a good tool for the member, but some common sense is advised with them. TDs & wholesaler suffer big losses and we see the disappearance of some models from the market because they are seized in raids.

mcnut

Horology Curious
12/2/18
West coast Canada

I have bought four watches from Lucy (truetime168) over the last two years. She finds excellent watches. Just a caution when ordering from her: It will take some time. Anywhere from four weeks to 3 months is my experience. She is particularly demanding in her quality control. She will return a watch to the factory if she is not satisfied. That whole process takes time, of course.
I resently posted feed back on her in trusted dealer section, regarding an IWC annual calendar watch. Six weeks waiting and I am v-e-r-y pleased with the watch.