• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are some of the COMMON ISSUES encountered and experienced during QC process

samue1

Horology Curious
27/9/19
I’m newbie - I’ve heard of issues to do with parts coming loose, I.e: adhesive / glue issues - misalignment - and font paint bleeding out.

What are some of the others to watch out for?

Thanks !!!

Sent from the RWI App

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I’m newbie - I’ve heard of issues to do with parts coming loose, I.e: adhesive / glue issues - misalignment - and font paint bleeding out.

What are some of the others to watch out for?

Thanks !!!

Sent from the RWI App

This is truly traumatic to see, makes me wish I had medical training.

Another thing to look for is noobs with OCD.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Biggest problem I've encountered is that my dealer will not provide me 24 or so pictures in 4k high resolution. Also, the forum members will not help me spot the flaws. It's really frustrating !!

Reactions: p0pperini

samue1

Horology Curious
27/9/19
Biggest problem I've encountered is that my dealer will not provide me 24 or so pictures in 4k high resolution. Also, the forum members will not help me spot the flaws. It's really frustrating !!

Why won’t forum members help? Maybe the want us to experience a baptism of fire and get burnt the first few times like they did?

Sent from the RWI App

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Why won’t forum members help? Maybe the want us to experience a baptism of fire and get burnt the first few times like they did?

Sent from the RWI App

I never got burnt as I was born smart and wise. My answer was 100% accurate and helpful. We have had members find pubes in their replica watches so you must watch out for the stray hair.
Your original question was very broad, and quite frankly QC pictures are a kick to the nuts to 99% of regular RWI members. I review my QC pics in less than 30 seconds. I make sure that it is the watch I ordered and I check date alignment because that is what matters to me. I don’t ask others what they think because it’s my watch and I review what parts of the watch concern me. You need to decide what concerns you and address those issues. Each model of watch has its own unique QC issues, and there are many, many threads on each popular watch. Welcome to RWI.

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I would just do some searches in various forums. Sorry to say, If you had done that, you would know that a Crucifixion awaited you upon asking that basic question. Keep in mind, for active members, those type of questions are asked at least 72 times per week. Gets a bit frustrating!

For my self, I am first looking to make sure it is the same watch I ordered. Sometime a switch in manufacturer may occur. Then I’m looking for any major flaws, misalignments, errors deviating further from the expected flaws (based on research here on the forums) and comparison to the images shown on the TD web site.
The typical questions here on the forums regarding the QC imagery many times comes down to the angle of the photographs, take that into consideration when evaluating misalignments.

The pube comment is a true one, it happens. Check the threads.

I can go on, but my comments should give you an idea, and you should just start using that search function and rummaging around the forum threads. You will get a wealth of information.
Best of luck.????

samue1

Horology Curious
27/9/19
Thanks got it!

Pubes!! Wow

I’m Just really time poor (no pun intended), So wanted to cut to the chase.

Thanks for your answers.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’m Just really time poor (no pun intended)
Ah, well if that’s your problem then you should probably stick with a digital watch. Far more accurate, and doesn’t require being interested, doing some research and background reading in order to come to an informed decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Ah, well if that’s your problem then you should probably stick with a digital watch. Far more accurate, and doesn’t require being interested, doing some research and background reading in order to come to an informed decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite True....