• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Delivery Question? Which Option?

Sportycus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/19
Wales
I am based in the UK and am about to pull the trigger on a purchase from puretime

I am confused by the 2 delivery options

What is the best option for me,, taking into account customs and general speed of delivery .
​​​​​​
They are either EU Direct Shipping or Express with Track and Trace?

EU direct is $45 as apposed to 35?

Many thanks

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
Pure-Time is very clear on those shipping options. If you live in a country that has strict customs, then the $45 is better. If you from the UK, then read this from Pure-Time shipping and handling Q&A "WHAT IS VIA UK FORWARDING SHIPPING?
Some countries have stringent very strict customs and policies. Seeing as China is known for replica goods this can sometimes result in a package coming from China being opened and possibly confiscated. For these countries we strongly advise you to avail of our via UK Forwarding shipping option. For an extra $20 we will have your watch shipped to our agent in the UK, who will then in turn ship your watch to you. This may seem like a much longer process, but ultimately your order arrives to you safe! We will inform you before we send out the watch of the country you reside have been deemed risky to send to without UK Forwarding shipping."

Reactions: Billy Longpockets

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Pure-Time is very clear on those shipping options. If you live in a country that has strict customs, then the $45 is better. If you from the UK, then read this from Pure-Time shipping and handling Q&A "WHAT IS VIA UK FORWARDING SHIPPING?
Some countries have stringent very strict customs and policies. Seeing as China is known for replica goods this can sometimes result in a package coming from China being opened and possibly confiscated. For these countries we strongly advise you to avail of our via UK Forwarding shipping option. For an extra $20 we will have your watch shipped to our agent in the UK, who will then in turn ship your watch to you. This may seem like a much longer process, but ultimately your order arrives to you safe! We will inform you before we send out the watch of the country you reside have been deemed risky to send to without UK Forwarding shipping."

It does seem to suggest that for extra $20 they will use triangle shipping method to UK and then resent to other EU countries.

$45 - $20 = $25

However there is no $25 shipping option offered to those of us who live in the UK only a $35 = They make an extra £10 for overcharging for UK only shipping.
Thats on top of the standard overcharge added to all packages sent

Last edited:

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
I would rather be safe than sorry. It could just be me, though. Pure -Time shipped my watch to the United States, and I paid with express shipping and never have any issues with customs. On the website, they recommended that the lower shipping cost is only safe when purchasing small parts like bracelets and components, etc.... $20 extra on transportation is a lot. However, it saves you the troubles with customs and the risk of costing you your watch, which cost more than $20 and a long waiting time. I think it is worth it. But they give you options so that you can make your decision. I do not live in the UK; therefore, I do not know how strict the customs are, but I am assuming that they are strictly too. Best regard.

Reactions: Sportycus

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
That's exactly what I thought

Im sure you have decided and ordered already, but Puretime are a pretty good Dealer. I have one on its way from them ATM.
They will get your watch to you, nicely packaged, fairly quickly and avoid customs checks (not that our customs would do anything anyway).

I'm sure if we knew how much TD's pay for a watch we would probably laugh at the markup, so being screwed for $10 on shipping..Ce la vi.

Reactions: Sportycus

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I have always used Express track and trace only, since they dropped the DHL option which was very fast and reliable. There is no point in triangular shipping where no triangle is involved.