• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best gold rep out there?

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I love gold too. Unfortunately though, I am just too self conscious to wear something as blingy as what you show. Or something like this https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...781-c-r-patek-philippe-nautilus-5711-iced-out ... All my gold sit in vaults, to see the light of day only occasionally.

Anyways, I read here that ARF manages to get its plating to be close in color to gen. So I ordered the ARF 116613 (dual tone) just to see if that doesnt look too blingy. You could look for ARF full gold versions.

Daher

3/7/19
I love gold too. Unfortunately though, I am just too self conscious to wear something as blingy as what you show. Or something like this https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...781-c-r-patek-philippe-nautilus-5711-iced-out ... All my gold sit in vaults, to see the light of day only occasionally.

Anyways, I read here that ARF manages to get its plating to be close in color to gen. So I ordered the ARF 116613 (dual tone) just to see if that doesnt look too blingy. You could look for ARF full gold versions.

What do you mean? I'm pretty sure NOOB also has a gen color. As its supposed to be 18K wrapped gold? I'm unsure of how it works really.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I bought a couple of plated gold reps and was not happy with either of them (bad color and poor plating). Wrapped gold is the way to go, if you must have gold. Even then, the thin layer will wear off, or a bad scratch will expose the metal underneath, revealing the watch as fraud.

Reactions: sn95

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I bought a couple of plated gold reps and was not happy with either of them (bad color and poor plating). Wrapped gold is the way to go, if you must have gold. Even then, the thin layer will wear off, or a bad scratch will expose the metal underneath, revealing the watch as fraud.

This x2... while gold looks nice you have to worry about nicking it or getting any sort of scratches. You can always get it re plated but this might cost a bit more than the watch did in the first place.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure NOOB also has a gen color. As its supposed to be 18K wrapped gold? I'm unsure of how it works really.

I am recalling from what I read, that ARF is close. Noob, I dont recall. Maybe so, or maybe not. We should have the metallurgist ABE of Panerai fame comment. But I think he has since long retired.

On a related topic, I still have not understood how one can "electroplate" an alloy. 18k is an alloy. From what I know, one uses electrolysis to "purify". I can understand the method to get 999 or 9999 gold. For an alloy, i.e. "impurify" ??

And WTF is "wrapped" ? Do they wrap a foil around the piece and pressurize it it cold fuses? Or is it a marketing term to get more money from idiots?

Daddyof3

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/19
def go with wrapped, its more expensive but better look

Daher

3/7/19
I am recalling from what I read, that ARF is close. Noob, I dont recall. Maybe so, or maybe not. We should have the metallurgist ABE of Panerai fame comment. But I think he has since long retired.

On a related topic, I still have not understood how one can "electroplate" an alloy. 18k is an alloy. From what I know, one uses electrolysis to "purify". I can understand the method to get 999 or 9999 gold. For an alloy, i.e. "impurify" ??

And WTF is "wrapped" ? Do they wrap a foil around the piece and pressurize it it cold fuses? Or is it a marketing term to get more money from idiots?

I think it's like they dip steel in gold so the outside is gold and the inside is steel or some shit, just guessing here but its something like that lol.

kolincio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18

it's a marketing term to get more money from idiots. That said I have a wrapped DayDate and I love every millimeter of it so what does that make me :D