• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Robbed in Waterloo London UK

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Well your mayor wil certainly do something about this problem, for he forbid sexual tinted advertisements too, than this is peanuts, he is a real tough guy to deal with. Mhoehahahaha

I hope they wil catch "John, Ken and Richard, who stole your watch :)

Glad you are OK though Pal. We hear about knife attacking and so on, they don't give a shit, they want your watch

Last edited:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
OP I hope you are not hurt. This is why we have reps! Just imagine the look on their dumbass faces when they realize its a fake, and now they have CCTV on these guys.

Reactions: PurePete

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
That's hysterical... They're going to feel really silly when they find out. lol ;)

not really, even a score for a Few hundred buck is still a score. They probably do this a few times a day. At least.

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
I live and work within the confines of Westminster. I have a work colleague who was beaten severely/dragged while unconsious on a night out over his timepiece - they did get it despite the deep sentimental value and the fight he put up.

Also got chatting to an Uber Exec driver who was having a smoke outside his car one day (admittedly well dressed, and outside a BMW - hence the mention of Uber Exec) in Pimlico when a guy on a moped screeched up and demanded his watch - not a rep, just a not bad looking one. He told the lad to "go [forth] and [multiply]" - lad on the moped had a portable angle grinder and threatened to "grind his [multiplying] face off", so he gave up the watch.

I had my back pack rifled through, on my back, one day while commuting, didn't notice until I got home. London is indeed getting interesting.

Last edited:

Adrenix

5/12/18
I've lived in London for 10 years and never seen or heard anything like this. Worst thing that ever happened was my bike got stolen!

(Of course there are more ghetto areas where sadly crime is more prevalent, but I have never felt unsafe when out late at night in London - perhaps I am too naive!)

For those overseas - please don't think that London is some kind of warzone - it really isn't. There are opportunistic pricks all over the world.

To the OP - I believe your story but also - I can't believe it! Do you know what I mean? I travelled through Waterloo every day of those 10 years 2x per day from sober 8am business man right through to being so f*cked up drunk I had to sleep on the concourse for 2 hours just to sober up because I was too pissed to use the Uber app on my phone. All in the last few years. I've never had anything stolen off my person and I wear a 1k tag as my daily beater.

It truly is a safe place - but obviously has its opportunistic criminals and unlucky victims like anywhere.
​​​​​​
i am really sorry to hear about your incident - the financial loss is a real pain but the personal trauma I would really struggle to overcome. Without joking - make sure you talk to someone as such an incident would really mess me with.

Stay in good health all.

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
That's hysterical... They're going to feel really silly when they find out. lol ;)

I think the opposite, if they recognised the watch as a £500K timepiece I suspect they also realised that it was most certainly a rep, but took it anyway in the One in a million chance that they had found the only person in London stupid enough to be wearing the value of a house on their wrist. I think they would be more shocked if it had turned out to be real.

im glad the OP appears to be unhurt,

Last edited:

Shinyshiny

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/16
This is awful, as are the other stories people are saying. I hope you're doing OK OP. It's a shock even if you're physically OK. Watches seem to be a real target for criminals recently, it's a worry.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Good you're ok, that's the main point.

A tourist recently got robbed on the Champs Elysees in Paris for a rare several 10s of euros Rollie, these things happened, and will happen again daily, that's how it goes. I'm originally from Paris, and trust me the "most romantic city of the world" isn't that romantic anymore...

The point is : fighting for a gen and loosing, at least you fight for something but you loose 20k. Fight for a rep, it's only a "few bucks", but you take the risk to get stabbed for a 300$ watch... that's a pity !

All in all, whever you wear a gen or a rep involves watching your back at anytime, anywhere. Period !

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daddyof3

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/19
sorry to hear that! im glad i never have had this happen (knock on wood) even tho they are reps its still expensive

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Man that sucks! Sounds like the crime problem there is getting worse and worse. By the time you need signs to warn folk about watch thieves things are out of control.

As for the dude on the scooter with an angle grinder, he would have needed new kneecaps if he'd tried it on me.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Visiting London right now with my Omega PO rep. Now I got chills down my spine :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Machine1980

Horology Curious
21/2/19
Hope you’re ok mate and not too rattled. There are fucking rats everywhere. Try not to let it get you down.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

PurePete

21/8/19
Aust
I've lived in London for 10 years and never seen or heard anything like this. Worst thing that ever happened was my bike got stolen!

(Of course there are more ghetto areas where sadly crime is more prevalent, but I have never felt unsafe when out late at night in London - perhaps I am too naive!)

For those overseas - please don't think that London is some kind of warzone - it really isn't. There are opportunistic pricks all over the world.

To the OP - I believe your story but also - I can't believe it! Do you know what I mean? I travelled through Waterloo every day of those 10 years 2x per day from sober 8am business man right through to being so f*cked up drunk I had to sleep on the concourse for 2 hours just to sober up because I was too pissed to use the Uber app on my phone. All in the last few years. I've never had anything stolen off my person and I wear a 1k tag as my daily beater.

It truly is a safe place - but obviously has its opportunistic criminals and unlucky victims like anywhere.
​​​​​​
i am really sorry to hear about your incident - the financial loss is a real pain but the personal trauma I would really struggle to overcome. Without joking - make sure you talk to someone as such an incident would really mess me with.

Stay in good health all.

Just for info... Adrian from "Bark and Jack" on YouTube recently did a video about this issue in London.

I get what you're saying but it is happening... The fuckers are organised. They have "spotters" that do nothing but look for expensive watches and then make a call when they see one. There are lots of YouTube videos about this subject & obviously it's not only London.

Last edited:

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
Well going to London next week with my Daytona :D But I lived there and I never had problems. Hopefully this time too. Watching nfl...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Been living in London for eight years, wearing a low key Omega & Seiko the first half, and APs, Rolex and PP Nautilus the other half, and it never happened to me. However, I lived in a quite calm part (between Putney and Fulham) which doesn't generally present much trouble, and I'm a father of two so I'm never out after 8pm.

However, everything the Londoners here are saying is true and I can confirm it. It's all over the news, the stabbings, people getting mugged, etc. These scumbags are organised and know that there are a lot of expensive watches around in that city and they are getting bolder and bolder, not just limited to Southwark, Lambeth, Hackney and so. The problem is way more intricate than just getting out and kicking their asses, though. London consumes more gear than any other city in the world, is just insane. And all this coke that middle class coolkidz are doing has to be moved by someone. And there's where the war begins. Small dealers buy wholesale to the big dealers, and then try to move it fast to recover the money and make profit. Some others are left in debt which can get you killed right away. So they either go and get quick cash to pay back, or stab another minor dealer to get his stash. And so on.

All in all, muiramas is right. London is not a place to raise your kids. We ended up leaving as I don't want to see my daughter in the news like some other poor parents have to: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-49818045

Great city in many many aspects. But not for me anymore. Sadly, Barcelona is also getting a bit rough too, particularly on watches as well: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ieves-tourists

Anyway, I guess I'll end up living in the country surrounded by cows, sheep, dogs and cats, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
I will have a Airbnb near Canary wharf. Never been there late. Better taking uber at night ?

1 mile from Canary Wharf Station to the flat. Think take uber there.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adrenix

5/12/18
COME OOONNNNNNN!!!

Hinclimini that is just Nonsense. I grew up in Clapham Fulham Putney mortlake and went out all over the city and perpetually careless with my safety and belongings and never lost a thing.

Yes what you read in the press is true but London is so far from being a crime riddled cess pit as being portrayed.

YES certain boroughs that are fairly central (Lambeth) and also further east it's worse in deprived areas.

BUT in general it's a safe place and great for kids to grow up, learn independence as it's got such great public transport when you feel appropriate for them to use it, loads going on etc etc. Ok it lacks in wide open countryside but it's not far.

Canary wharf is fairly benign place as mainly Asian city workers live there. Check out the area when you get there but I have NEVER in London taken a taxi for safety purposes.

cmf959

4/9/19
COME OOONNNNNNN!!!

Hinclimini that is just Nonsense. I grew up in Clapham Fulham Putney mortlake and went out all over the city and perpetually careless with my safety and belongings and never lost a thing.

Yes what you read in the press is true but London is so far from being a crime riddled cess pit as being portrayed.

YES certain boroughs that are fairly central (Lambeth) and also further east it's worse in deprived areas.

BUT in general it's a safe place and great for kids to grow up, learn independence as it's got such great public transport when you feel appropriate for them to use it, loads going on etc etc. Ok it lacks in wide open countryside but it's not far.

Canary wharf is fairly benign place as mainly Asian city workers live there. Check out the area when you get there but I have NEVER in London taken a taxi for safety purposes.

This 100%, it’s a big city so crime does happen (sorry to hear your incident OP, hope you’re okay) but it is still a safe place, particularly as a tourist where you likely will be staying close to central London or major landmarks.

Reactions: p0pperini