• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Robbed in Waterloo London UK

johnying

15/1/14
Hi all,

I had just got a Richard mille r27 today and was walking along lower marsh in London when a group of 4 guys came at me from behind tackled me down and took the watch. Just some advice for all Londoners with more conspicuous watches.

Take care out there.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
It seems like. It's better to not wear any watch in London these day. Seems like multiple incedents every day.

Glad you are ok. I hope it was a rep and not a Gen.

Stay safe.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are OK after that.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
That sucks, glad you’re OK though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Sorry to hear that. London is getting nastier by the day right now.

johnying

15/1/14
Thanks all for your messages. Interestingly it was around 740pm and was fairly dark. The watch was white and orange so must have stood out especially for those who perhaps were on the lookout for something. It was in the middle of a busy street with shops and restaurants both sides so even if you think these are deterrents think again.

Please be careful all. Hopefully mine was an exception.

Reactions: PurePete

johnying

15/1/14
Thanks mate. It was a rep. The gen is 500k+!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Damn i hope you are ok man.
it's still a loss and i totally understand the sour feelings, but if we have to think positive it was a rep! Reps saved the day again, think about the loss if it were gen, and think about their faces when they realize it's a rep

johnying

15/1/14
Thanks guys. I agree. These guys clearly knew the worth of the watch and had watched media and read the papers. There was a section in the metro on the price of this watch so they were educated.

Yes a few hundred as opposed to few hundred thousand definitely makes it more bearable. It's always impossible to predict where and when with these events. But even in the busiest of streets at what I would consider peak time this happened so please don't take anything for granted.

Reactions: PatPzKdt

johnying

15/1/14
I was initially weary about reporting to police but after chatting to a few officers on the street I will do to make sure it at least is recorded.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I was initially weary about reporting to police but after chatting to a few officers on the street I will do to make sure it at least is recorded.

That area is covered in CCTV but I doubt the police will do anything though.

The important thing is London RWI beware.

It's a real problem in the city, and passers-by are going to stay out of it for fear of getting stabbed.

Djmy-K4y-X0-AEIFf-D.jpg

Reactions: johnlogan

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Sorry to hear that, it’s happening all over! my ex bosses son got attacked for his watch outside the tube station where I live at 8am by two guys. No one helped, just took
Photos.

Hope you’re ok after the incident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
London was always bad brother, in places, even in the early 90s when I was there, well. Or even when Doyle wrote Sherlock Homes, or Dickens wrote his stuff.

Reason one does not hear of such muggings in most of the US is due to the 2nd amendment.

Reason one does not hear of such in other regions is due to a strict (call it constricting) social structure, or punitive laws.

Of course, if one were to go places where society is broken, such happens frequently. But such places have no government to enforce.

Reactions: Copterguy

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
I hope your alright mate, I live in East London and I can't even wear my reps. That's why I can't buy the reps I want because it is really hard to justify buying if I can't wear them.

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
jesus that's mad. don't think i could deal with that very well. glad you're ok but sad to hear that's the situation in london

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Reactions: Hinclimincli