• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which post service to ship back a rep? (EUROPE)

zywald

Horology Curious
1/6/19
Hi,

I have to ship back an AP and I am afraid of customs or that the package gets seized or damaged. Has anyone of you have shipped back a watch from France, Europe or Switzerland (please indicate from where) and which post service do you recommend?

Thanks for the help,
Best

Tione12

11/6/19
Make yourself a favor and dont ship it back. Contact a good watchsmith near to you

Reactions: sn95

zywald

Horology Curious
1/6/19
I contacted puretime because my 15400 AP JF has a self-winding issue, the rotor isn't rolling greatly anymore and as it's less than 6 months from when I bought it, it's still under warranty.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
don't send it back

this rep mounts a miyota 9015, most good watchsmiths know how to take it apart, contact a forum modder/watchsmith, it will be safer and faster. if you send it back be ready to wait for more than 3 months before getting your watch back

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Don't send it back to China . . .

Reactions: sn95

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
if you send it back be ready to wait for more than 3 months before getting your watch back

It you insist on sending it back, keep in mind that there is a good chance of the rep getting seized by customs or lost in delivery. Then, what will you have? That's right, nothing, because TD will not send a replacement.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Do not do it, can be fixed much sooner with less trouble

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I agree with the others above because your problem sounds like an easy (cheap) fix, but if you are sure you want to send it back, I'd advise you to ask your TD what service to use. Mine specified I use Royal Mail for mine (from the UK) when I sent stuff back and it went well (3 from 3 - expensive repairs do worth the gamble).

kolincio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18
I've actually sent my Noob V1 SA4130 Daytona for repair (local watchsmiths didn't want to do it) with normal economic package through my country's post (Poland) and it took 3 weeks to get there and cost me like 4$. It can be done I guess, but in case of a common movement like Miyota 9015 I'd definitely have it fixed locally.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I had a similar issue with a miyota, stopped winding after a while, needed to be taken apart and cleaned. Local person charged around $50 or so. Would rather pay a little bit more to get the job done right, wouldn't risk sending it back. Might be a little bit difficult to find a local watch smith but it can be done, dont be afraid to call around and ask just say "I have a cheap watch with a miyota 9015 that I would like to have cleaned and serviced " once you find a local place you'll be set.