• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

US Based Watch Repair for Reps

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I’ve had bad luck with local independent watch repair shops working on my reps. Mainly just sub-par work.

I recently tried to swap out hands on a couple of my TC subs and let’s just say it went really bad. Maybe even to the point where I need a new movement. (I tried to do it myself. Bad idea...)

Suffice to say, at this point, I don’t trust this repair job to just anyone.

Is there a top notch US based watch servicer that RWI members would recommend? Preferably, one that understands reps and maybe even a member of RWI.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
There are several awesome watch makers or modders here on this forum. I usually go to my local watch guy, but once in a while I try a different guy. I currently work with a repair guy from Ohio; very pricey though. His minimum cost is $100.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I see what you guys are talking about. I was looking for it under the Supporting Vendor section but found the section you referenced under the Trusted Dealer section. Several names for me to reach out to.

One of the watches that needs service is a TC Franken sub, hence, I’d rather pay a little more an know that it will get taken care of properly.

Thank you for the responses.

Last edited:

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
If you don’t mind paying more, then overhaul service would be the way to go. It usually costs between 250 and 300 depending who you go with.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I sent messages to Katt and to WatchservicesNY.

Wondering if Swiss 2824-2 would fit into TC?

Last edited:

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I received my watches back (both TC Subs) from WatchServicesNY earlier this week. Wonderful work! I highly recommend.

Thank you misiekiped!! Thank you RWI.

Last edited: