• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs?

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I bought a Noob Daytona V3 and the watch will arrive just before my trip to the United States :) I will travel with a Gen Tagheuer GMT and the Rep Daytona. So I want to know what to do at the airport when I arrive? Should I go to customs and let them confirm that I own that watch already? Because obviously I don't have a bill (for my TH neither!!) And if I get a paper or something (I don't know what they have) should I say that's a rep?

The problem is I'm 23 years old and maybe it's less believable that I'm wearing a 22.000 € watch. Yes I wear expensive clothes but I don't think that will count.

What are your experiences?

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
In the last thirty years, I have passed through US customs about ninety times, and often I brought more than 1 watch with me. Also brought back a few cheap fakes from Asia, Europe, and Middle East. Never have I been stopped for watch related issue.

Pack your watch properly in a hand carry and walk with confidence. Now, if you are prone to be jittery and/or tend to sweat profusely when approaching authorities, the CBP will likely pull you aside for additional screening. Still, I doubt they will confiscate the one well worn Daytona rep that is obviously a personal item.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
You will be fine as long as you don’t mention or use word bomb, explode, attack or infidel during your fake daytona smuggling interrogation.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: PlastikMan