• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex box and paper suggestions?

Scottturner31685

Horology Curious
15/9/19
San Diego, CA
Hi guys, I just bout a Noob black face Daytona and I want to get a legit box and papers that match with the serial numbers. Do you have any suggestions where i can buy the best quality rolex box set?

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
you might want to read that back to yourself, and then re write it.
so you have bought a rep watch.
how exactly do you think you are going to get a legit rolex box and papers with serial numbers to match your replica watch?

Reactions: rj999

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
you might want to read that back to yourself, and then re write it.
so you have bought a rep watch.
how exactly do you think you are going to get a legit rolex box and papers with serial numbers to match your replica watch?

It's easier to sell as a genuine with matching serial.

Edit: just imagine putting an ebay auction with 10k Buy Now. and boom. u just made urself 9k.

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
We do not encourage such behavior !

This is our hobby , not an easy way to scam

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Joined 3 days ago and asking about matching numbered paperwork, rings alarm bells!

Scottturner31685

Horology Curious
15/9/19
San Diego, CA
All my watches are for my own personal collection and I would never sell anything. I just seen that they did it on puretime and thought it would make my collection look great out the box if everything matched up. I didn't know that trying to make a complete set look like a clone was going to ruffle some feathers. I apologize if it offended anyone now I know that this is a no go.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
All my watches are for my own personal collection and I would never sell anything. I just seen that they did it on puretime and thought it would make my collection look great out the box if everything matched up. I didn't know that trying to make a complete set look like a clone was going to ruffle some feathers. I apologize if it offended anyone now I know that this is a no go.

As you might imagine this hobby attracts scammers. Since your posts have inquired into "Swiss made" replicas and now boxes, people may be a little suspicious. I can understand why somebody might want a genuine box in which to store their rep, but why papers? Nobody is going to see the serial number or the "matching papers" except the owner. Is the owner trying to convince himself that the watch is genuine? We've had cases of members trying to sell off reps as genuine watches. When they are outed they are hammered. One famous European football player recently suffered major media embarrassment. Enjoy the hobby but don't try to pass a rep off as a gen.

Scottturner31685

Horology Curious
15/9/19
San Diego, CA
I total understanding where your coming from and I didn't realize how it looked until you broke it down like that. I'm just going to drop this and be happy with the watch that I have. Thanks for the constructive intervention.

Reactions: Tucker