• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spot the GEN

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
This is a lovely collection! Can I ask if you could please PM me details of any trusted dealers you used? (especially for the Franck Muller and the IWCs)

Honestly, I don't recall each purchase.. The gold Big Pilot and Zenith were from the member sales section. I've been using tswatch mostly, which is not on the TD list at RWI anymore, but is elsewhere. I've used maybe 4 other TDs yet I've had the best service and price with them. I'll still shop around at other TDs, but if they're all similar in price, I stick with them.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Ha! Just wore that one today. It remains in the rotation fo sho.
The Breitling will stay with me till I die. It was my second Breitling and bout wore it out till I found this site and the joy of reps

I bought my first Breitling when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I remember because I was in St. Thomas on an elevator with a Kuwaiti out of nowhere he says “thank you” just because I am American. Since then I have been buying Breitling Gens till I joined RWI three years ago. Since then only H Factory and GF Reps. I was lucky enough to buy one of the last thirty H Factory Super Avengers in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Copterguy

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
I bought my first Breitling when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I remember because I was in St. Thomas on an elevator with a Kuwaiti out of nowhere he says “thank you” just because I am American. Since then I have been buying Breitling Gens till I joined RWI three years ago. Since then only H Factory and GF Reps. I was lucky enough to buy one of the last thirty H Factory Super Avengers in 2017.

:eek: I baught my last Breitling after returning from my first deployment to Iraq. Gifted myself, cause you save a lot of money when you can't spend it for a year.
I've yet to buy a Breitling rep though.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

So you bought it while you were in St Thomas but when Iraq invaded Kuwait? When I read that, I had to do it two or three times to make a connection between St Thomas and The Kuwaiti. Lol. So what? Like 1992?

“The Kuwaiti” sounds like a character in a book or a nickname for the watch. It would be if it were mine. Ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: tkingjr

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
I am laughing. It was in the early 1990’s. My Avatar is the watch.

In 2007 I was in China and wanted to buy a super avenger in Hong Kong. Being my first trip using a visa for china I decided to go to Hong Kong to price the watch. All went well. The next day I decided to go back to Hong Kong and buy the watch. I exited China, bought the watch. This was in August. Hot as hell. I was wearing shorts, a T-shirt, and a hat. Now I head back to the ferry to take me back to China. China says No Entry. You used your one time visa. The Aussie in line heard the conversation. He said an American has no chance of getting a visa in one day. Back to Hong Kong I go. My assistant had to pack up all my stuff in China and bring it to Hong Kong. All my adventures are tied to watches.

Reactions: Hazing

shortyNL

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/19
Very nice collection you have there!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Here are photos of my Breitling collection. I have 30 Reps and 6 Gen's. I think one will be very hard to find.

If you want any closeups on a watch tell me Box number 1, 2, or 3.Plus watch 1-12

Find-the-Gen-1.jpg

Find-the-Gen-2.jpg

Find-my-Gen-3.jpg

Last edited:

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Here are photos of my Breitling collection. I have 30 Reps and 6 Gen's. I think one will be very hard to find.

If you want any closeups on a watch tell me Box number 1, 2, or 3.Plus watch 1-12

Find-the-Gen-1.jpg

Find-the-Gen-2.jpg

Find-my-Gen-3.jpg

Wow, that one hell of a nice winder! I'm guessing one of the 2 on the bottom left is gen.. Since you have 2.:p​​​​​​
Hard to see em.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
:eek: I baught my last Breitling after returning from my first deployment to Iraq. Gifted myself, cause you save a lot of money when you can't spend it for a year.
I've yet to buy a Breitling rep though.

It's been harder for me to find a rep breitling seawolf than a gen for a decent price. Almost tempted to buy a gen but I should probably put that money towards students loans or car payments :(

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Top left corner and Bottom left corner?

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
It's been harder for me to find a rep breitling seawolf than a gen for a decent price. Almost tempted to buy a gen but I should probably put that money towards students loans or car payments :(

https://www.jomashop.com/breitling-watch-a1733110-bc31ss.html
I've come very close to pulling the trigger on this gen. There are a few used ones in excellent condition for much less as well. I'd like to replace it as my daily work watch to replace my aerospace. Then I realized I can buy 6 or 7 high quality reps to add to my watch addiction for the same price. So... Still kicking that can down the road.

Reactions: sn95

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Last edited: