• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with Customs NEED HELP ASAP

serafim.g

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/18
Hello RWI family, my problem is the following:

I purchased a watch from RWI from M2M. The guy shipped the parcel from USA to EU. Today i received a letter from my Greek courier company saying that i need to provide a receipt for the item i bought from USA, either through paypal, invoice, receipt. The problem is that the guy sending me the watch wrote on the package that its value is 50$ while i paid 340$. How can i proceed and what should i do? what i thought is that i can send him today 50$ and provide this as proof/ receipt and then i am sure that he can send this back to me as he is a very good fella. Thank you in advance for the answers.

Tione12

11/6/19
I had the same problem with a shipping coming from USA to EU (Spain), I just had to tell that it was a gift, make sure you declare it with the value that the seller told you.

serafim.g

29/10/18
I had the same problem with a shipping coming from USA to EU (Spain), I just had to tell that it was a gift, make sure you declare it with the value that the seller told you.

so you just called and said it was a gift?

Tione12

11/6/19
They sent me a form by regular mail and i had to filled it with the gift information. At least in my country you only have to provide an invoice when the seller declares it as a regular purchase.

serafim.g

29/10/18
They sent me a form by regular mail and i had to filled it with the gift information. At least in my country you only have to provide an invoice when the seller declares it as a regular purchase.

the thing is that my package says “watch repair” so no gift explanation can be given i think

Tione12

11/6/19
mmm... if it says watch repair in theory the watch is yours and you should not declare it again. However, i dont have any experience with packages declared as repairs

serafim.g

29/10/18
mmm... if it says watch repair in theory the watch is yours and you should not declare it again. However, i dont have any experience with packages declared as repairs

i hope i find a way! a guy on reptime suggested to just html the paypal amount for 50$ and send it

serafim.g

29/10/18

need to find out something.. another guy suggested to html the paypal amou t

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Photoshop it. Attach as a pic. Job done.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If you paid for the watch by PP, then download or screenshot the invoice, then modify the amount from $340 to $50 using Paint in Windows, Photoshop, Picasa or whatever, making sure the font used is the same (AKA gen spec font . .) then send that to Customs.

Reactions: Tione12

serafim.g

29/10/18
If you paid for the watch by PP, then download or screenshot the invoice, then modify the amount from $340 to $50 using Paint in Windows, Photoshop, Picasa or whatever, making sure the font used is the same (AKA gen spec font . .) then send that to Customs.

thanks for you answer.. i ended up asking the seller to provide me with an invoice of 50$ and i sent it to the courier company.. i will let you know here how the whole story ended up

Reactions: Tione12

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Follow the above advice, i have personally done it in Athens Airport custom with success :)

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Just make your own receipt on the computer. I do it all the time.

serafim.g

29/10/18
i will update you guys in this post! for the time being i just received an email saying that my invoice was accepted and they will follow the shipment to my destination

kolincio

21/5/18

A better option is to modify the HTML code directly - no picture compression artifacts and perfect font, undetectable from the screenshot alone. On most browsers it'd be the "inspect element" tool.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
A better option is to modify the HTML code directly - no picture compression artifacts and perfect font, undetectable from the screenshot alone. On most browsers it'd be the "inspect element" tool.

This. ^^^ is the best way imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurePete

21/8/19
Aust

Great advice and easier than you may think!

Reactions: serafim.g

kolincio

21/5/18
Well another option would be to... you know, just pay the taxes for the amount paid. In my country buying and owning reps is legal, lying to customs probably isn't, so why risk it?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Well another option would be to... you know, just pay the taxes for the amount paid. In my country buying and owning reps is legal, lying to customs probably isn't, so why risk it?

Customs asked him to provide a receipt to prove the value of the item - declared at $50 on the US Customs form. There was never any suggestion that there would be fees to pay.