• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Day changes at midnight, Date changes at noon

RamTab

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/7/19
Hello! Like the title says, I just received my Pilot Chrono IW377717 "Le Petit Prince" 2016 ZF and it looks good and feels good on the wrist. The only problem is, the day changes at midnight and the date changes at noon or vice versa depending on the time adjustment. Is there a simple way to fix this or do I need to send it for repairs? I tried looking for answers here but couldn't find any after using the search bar. Please let me know. Thank you very much!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Why the phat phont ?

The simplest solution would be to turn the watch through 180° on your wrist, it won't really solve the issues but you'll forget about them as you try to work out what the time is.

Second solution would be to have the hands reset so that both day and date change at the same time.

Reactions: rj999

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Why the phat phont ?

Second solution would be to have the hands reset so that both day and date change at the same time.

Sorry for being dippy, but how will resetting the hands help?

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I suspect the issue is the day/date change wheels are misaligned (or not synchronized). To fix it, you would disassemble, remove dial, and reposition the wheels to turn over the date and day at the same time.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I suspect the issue is the day/date change wheels are misaligned (or not synchronized). To fix it, you would disassemble, remove dial, and reposition the wheels to turn over the date and day at the same time.

Sorry for being dippy, but how will resetting the hands help?

What he said - day & date wheels will need to be realigned,then hands reset so that all changes at midnight.

RamTab

14/7/19
Got my watch back from the repair shop as I am not confident enough to do it myself (not yet at least). The guy said it was indeed not synced and had to "tweak it a little". It took him less than 10 minutes he said. He also said that it was very dry inside so he did put some lubrication as well. Now it's working how it's supposed to be. Thanks everyone for the help!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Got my watch back from the repair shop as I am not confident enough to do it myself (not yet at least). The guy said it was indeed not synced and had to "tweak it a little". It took him less than 10 minutes he said. He also said that it was very dry inside so he did put some lubrication as well. Now it's working how it's supposed to be. Thanks everyone for the help!

Glad it's sorted and as an added bonus, you seem to have found yourself an honest, reliable watchsmith - treat him well!

RamTab

14/7/19
Yeah. Everything is all better now. Thanks to this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk