• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many emails do you usually exchange with a TD

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I have bought more than 3 dozen watches, and each transaction took about 7-8 emails (back and forth). There were a few exceptions due to watch missing in transit, seized by customs, arriving DOA or with defect(s) not present during QC.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Be it 25 or 50 its still too much.

Can you post a transcript? I’m struggling to understand how you can send 25.

let RWI help you with your comms strategy.

Last edited:

kolincio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18
I have bought more than 3 dozen watches, and each transaction took about 7-8 emails (back and forth). There were a few exceptions due to watch missing in transit, seized by customs, arriving DOA or with defect(s) not present during QC.

A recent transaction went like this:

1. Ask availability
2. TD asks me to provide a link to the watch
3. Send link, ask to pay by WU
4. Confirmed, price given
5. Ask WU details
6. WU details
7. Ask if transshipping is used because shipping fee was lower than I've seen before
8. Confirmed as transshipping
9. Send WU pickup details
10. Send shipping address
11. Additional request - sourcing an A2836 with GMT
12. TD asks if I want the movement or a watch with such movement
13. Respond that I want just the movement
14. Price confirmation
15. Send WU pickup details for additional $
16. TD says when they'll pick up the money
17. "Thank you"
18. TD confirms pickup
19. "Thank you"
20. TD says watch picked up but scratches found
21. "Ok, thanks for looking out for me"
22. TD says now factory gave wrong dial color
23. "Any updates"
24. TD sends QC pics
25. Ask if possible to adjust bezel screws (AP)
26. TD says yes and that they'll do it on their side.
27. "Thank you"
28. Adjusted QC
29. Ask for timegrapher reading
30. Sent
31. Accept QC
32. "Any updates"
33. Told that there's delay with sourcing A2836
34. "Ok, thanks"
35. QC for movement (just timegrapher reading)
36. Accept
37. Ask for tracking.
38. Not yet
39. Tracking sent
40. "I've received the watch and it's amazing, thank you."
41. "Enjoy it!"

Last edited:

Dano-D

22/6/19
Lol, great thread.

TD offers me handbags for my wife (I ignore) - 7

Really? That's nice. Mine doesn't offer them and I end up buying her Gen ones so that she leaves me alone with my reps. I probably could've saved a bundle. What's up with that jtimewatch?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Really? That's nice. Mine doesn't offer them and I end up buying her Gen ones so that she leaves me alone with my reps. I probably could've saved a bundle. What's up with that jtimewatch?

Rocky road though! Because you can get away with designer handbag purchases on special occasions, but when she sees the reps, she'll want one every time you buy a watch! I've actually recently bought my first bag from my TD (Non TD here, Mary) and I'm impressed, quality seems fairly good.

Last edited:

kolincio

21/5/18
Rocky road though! Because you can get away with designer handbag purchases on special occasions, but when she sees the reps, she'll want one every time you buy a watch! I've actually recently bought my first bag from my TD (Non TD here, Mary) and I'm impressed, quality seems fairly good.

Mine asked if I can get rep bags the way I get watches and she's already on 3 rep bags and wanting more. She says the quality impressed her every time.
Funnily enough when buying bags I exchange way fewer emails.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Wonder if there are womens forums where they compare different bags with gen, and argue about silly shit like the logo embossing and instant tells and stuff... maybe we need a sister site for the sisters - Replica Bag Info or something.

I would feel sorry for the TD’s - my wife would easily get through 50 emails talking smack about a bag.

kolincio

21/5/18
Wonder if there are womens forums where they compare different bags with gen, and argue about silly shit like the logo embossing and instant tells and stuff... maybe we need a sister site for the sisters - Replica Bag Info or something.

I would feel sorry for the TD’s - my wife would easily get through 50 emails talking smack about a bag.

A quick search tells me they do. Couldn't find a full forum but it seems they have some on Reddit as repladies and it seems like they do exactly that.

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
GingerBubba sorry mate, wrong typing your nickname from GingerNinja to a bad GingerN-word, I am sincerely sorry for this.
Just wanted to make a small kidding.
Sincerely sorry.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Oops, not meant to swear on here. Doh! Sorry.

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
This has to be the funniest inadvertent Ginger roast ever seen outside of Ireland! ????

GingerBubba

24/10/17
come on dude .....sheesh ......smh

Sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I forgot we can't swear on here; I'm too used to the Wild West next door. I apologised immediately. Soz!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I forgot we can't swear on here; I'm too used to the Wild West next door. I apologised immediately. Soz!

understood :)