• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

how you chose your replica

Bigozuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/19
How many of you select a replica based on what your real life price point would be? i find myself looking at Omega and Tags with the thinking that it would be easy to avoid the 'is that real' question. i couldnt see myself serving burgers at macdonalds with a gold daytona on my wrist...:)

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
How many of you select a replica based on what your real life price point would be? i find myself looking at Omega and Tags with the thinking that it would be easy to avoid the 'is that real' question. i couldnt see myself serving burgers at macdonalds with a gold daytona on my wrist...:)

Hahaha I can't believe that I just read that "REAL LIFE PRICE POINT" =D

It's like "What's your Net worth?" Hehehehe

For me I just choose the watch that I want. I can afford gen watches but I choose not to put my money in it.

But to answer your question, I find myself buying a Hublot, Rolex, AP or Patek as a maximum.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I used to look at watches in my real life price point, then decided I like the higher end watches (8-20K) and would rather wear them. I figure hardly anyone commments on my watches so I may as well wear the ones I want to wear and not ones just because they are “in my price range”
I also decided I wasn't going to tell people they were gens, once I decided that, I feel comfortable wearing whatever.