• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pulled the trigger on a few reps

yumu1009

Horology Curious
7/8/19
Hey guys, pretty new to the whole rep thing. Ive only ever owned gen, but i decided to pull the trigger on 4 watches from puretime. Excited to see what the hype is. Heres the list of timepieces.
[h=3]SUBMARINER 116610 LN BLACK CERAMIC ARF[/h] [h=3]PAM111 P V4 NOOB[/h]
Daytona 116500 Noob (panda)

IWC IW503502 Portuguese Real PR Real Annual Calendar ZF

johnzalez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/07
Did you verify that these are in stock? Not sure about the others but I doubt the 111 Noob is available.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Should probably pace yourself. But those are nice reps.
Anyway, welcome to the addicti... ah, nevermind.

Reactions: Danii

yumu1009

Horology Curious
7/8/19
Did you verify that these are in stock? Not sure about the others but I doubt the 111 Noob is available.

everything in stock but the daytona, should be a couple weeks back ordered

Last edited:

Dano-D

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/19
Should probably pace yourself. But those are nice reps.
Anyway, welcome to the addicti... ah, nevermind.

Lol, I was thinking the same. Way to hit the ground running. I just got my first 2 and thought that maybe I should've done one at a time. I don't think like that anymore.

yumu1009

Horology Curious
7/8/19
Lol, I was thinking the same. Way to hit the ground running. I just got my first 2 and thought that maybe I should've done one at a time. I don't think like that anymore.

I don't really need to think much when i spend money. :)

TICTAC587

Looking Around
17/3/19
I bought a PAM 111 from Puretime earlier this week also. Cant wait to get the QC pics!

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Buy noob watches first, then ARF :) If you buy ARF first you will find Noob quality is not so good, LOL

Reactions: AlphaProt

jean.pierre

Looking Around
12/5/18
Europe
I'd buy my first reps one by one. The first one will get you a feeling for reps and what you would want to look out for

yumu1009

Horology Curious
7/8/19
I'd buy my first reps one by one. The first one will get you a feeling for reps and what you would want to look out for

i think research trumps buying reps one by one over getting a "feeling for reps" With the proper search you can order whatever you want for the most part :)

jean.pierre

Looking Around
12/5/18
Europe
i think research trumps buying reps one by one over getting a "feeling for reps" With the proper search you can order whatever you want for the most part :)

Well you can always order whatever you want :) But these are all opinions, not scientific papers. And opinions are subjective. And pictures are deceiving...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I always say (for me) I learn twice as much twice as fast with a rep in hand.

I will read 40 or 50 hours worth of material and learn a lot and then I will order one and I find that I notice, retain, and observe so much more, about the watch as well as what I read. Things are just so much easier when you have a watch in hand.

Question for he OP. What do you have for gen now? And what prompted you to check out the reps?

jean.pierre

Looking Around
12/5/18
Europe
I always say (for me) I learn twice as much twice as fast with a rep in hand.

I will read 40 or 50 hours worth of material and learn a lot and then I will order one and I find that I notice, retain, and observe so much more, about the watch as well as what I read. Things are just so much easier when you have a watch in hand.

Question for he OP. What do you have for gen now? And what prompted you to check out the reps?

Exactly, well said.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
I made a multiple purchase a couple of times, once (2 watches) and they both were confiscated by customs, and another multiple purchase one was DOA but the other 2 were fine. So it's your money do it your way, have fun. But I did stop buying multiples from same TD at same time. lol

Reactions: rj999