• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica Boxes? Do you buy? Why?

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Just curious as to the popularity (Or Not) of Replica Boxes?
Do many members buy them?
I have for one of my watches, internally box was great but the externals were not so good.

I've tried to justify the why of buying additional box and papers for my reps.
Most people will immediately think that its another step in the "faking", to convince others your piece is real.
I know in my own case, its not that at all.
No-one sees the box, I dont have a social media presence I was just curious as to having a "complete" set.

I have only bought a cheapo Ali box.
Do the TD's supply a much higher quality level?
Are they worth the additional cost?
Or do members prefer to stick to a regular multi-watch/jewellery box?

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I have the boxes for all of my watches. (Winder) (Watch roll / 6 pcs container -box- for traveling)

For my Rep watches, I have 1 .. which is a Hublot Box. It just feel good to have the box as well.

Some use it just to flex their watch and to tell others that it's real =D hahaa

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I never felt the need to buy a box. I have a 17 watch box that keep my watches safe and that's it.
Even my gens are in this box and thier boxes are stored for the day I would sell them (if ever).

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
the rep boxes are good as the gen boxes (especially rolex models)?

if yes, where you buy ur boxes?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
the rep boxes are good as the gen boxes (especially rolex models)?

if yes, where you buy ur boxes?

No they're not. It's honestly not worth buying a rep box, if you must have a rep box for your watch then buy a gen from ebay.

With that being said, my gen boxes are stored out of view and will only be dug out if I sell a piece..I have all my watches in a watchbox.

In the beginning of buying reps I thought I also wanted a box to go with it (i guess to add a fake 'gen-feel' to a rep), I'm glad I didn't. Like mentioned earlier, it's really only good for photos. (well I guess or for fooling friends, if that gets you hard)

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I have a few boxes and kind of just use them as bookends or to take pics. They have good ones that are around, depending on what you’re looking for. Like anything, you get what you pay for.

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
No they're not. It's honestly not worth buying a rep box, if you must have a rep box for your watch then buy a gen from ebay.

With that being said, my gen boxes are stored out of view and will only be dug out if I sell a piece..I have all my watches in a watchbox.

In the beginning of buying reps I thought I also wanted a box to go with it (i guess to add a fake 'gen-feel' to a rep), I'm glad I didn't. Like mentioned earlier, it's really only good for photos. (well I guess or for fooling friends, if that gets you hard)

HARD!

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Thanks to all who've posted.
i'd much rather spend money on straps or gen parts too.

My own rep collection is quite small but IMO a good quality multi-space watch box is a much better buy than any of the rep boxes.

I'd also not buy a gen box for using with a rep.

I think it may be a function of maturity, I buy reps as generally the stuff I like is far, far outside my willingness to spend ;)
​​​​​I buy stuff that I like the appearance of, not to implyba degree of wealth/status.

Whereas my kid, buys to post on IG and everything must be "complete" and if not 100% gen, it must be near perfect.

​​

Reactions: rj999 and AlphaProt

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand

My own rep collection is quite small but IMO a good quality multi-space watch box is a much better buy than any of the rep boxes.

I think it may be a function of maturity, I buy reps as generally the stuff I like is far, far outside my willingness to spend ;)
​​​​​I buy stuff that I like the appearance of, not to implyba degree of wealth/status.

Whereas my kid, buys to post on IG and everything must be "complete" and if not 100% gen, it must be near perfect.

​​

Do they like franken yezee?

Reactions: Jammydodger79

hm11esh

4/9/18
Never bought any rep boxes for my watches. I don't see the point as I never store watches in their original boxes, not even my gens. They all go in a watch display box.

Personally its a waste of money and I rather use the money to buy more reps and straps.

PS you can now get warranty cards with matching serial numbers, they will even print the name of the AD and date of purchase too but this is for people that want to flex their watches as real or even worse sell them as gens.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

​​
Yeah... Makes sense. If you're in the position of "I only have the money for this or that" then boxes aren't worth considering.

I have friends who will ask about a rep Rolex and they ask me to help them get one. When they start off, it's common for people to say/think "I want the box too" and I get that. It's nice and fun to have. But I hear a lot of "well I now need to wait till payday/scrounge the money (for the box) to buy it".

I always tell them that... Well 1. If they don't have the money, don't buy the watch. And 2. If they insist on the watch, don't buy the box if they don't have the money. And certainly 3. Don't let a box hold you up from buying a watch. Yes, it's fun to have but after day 1 it just sits in the back of the closet or in a bookshelf.

Whereas, you will wear the watch every day

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk