• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PayPal sucks

tyrantblade

21/6/11
Just wanted to say that PayPal is terrible, my whole week has been ruined by them keeping money from me that I have earned, they have ruined a hobby of mine (it went from being fun to completely terrible, and why bother selling things when you cant have the money from it?) And they can keep this BS Dispute up for another 2 weeks

Good job ruining my life over a $17.20 profit margin from a $50 sale, when there was no dispute over a $480 sale

But sure, I ripped off a customer in a $50 sale that took $32.80 to make

Obviously people spend 2/3rds of the money they expect to make to RIP people off, right?

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I hate paypal.

I did not buy a watch I loved today only because Paypal was the only option.

Why aren’t people using Revolut??? It is REALLY free
and there is no dispute bullshit at all. You also get a better conversion rate.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Why is this posted in the replica watch section ???

Reactions: rj999

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Fluffy we know you hate PP , why are you still using it then ?

I thought you were going to "show them" after the comic book incident .....

Reactions: rj999 and Glaude

tyrantblade

21/6/11
Fluffy we know you hate PP , why are you still using it then ?

I thought you were going to "show them" after the comic book incident .....

I can only assume you meant that time when I was supposed to get a PS4 Pro and got a CNET magazine instead

Unfortunately when it comes to PayPal there isnt much you can do, it's either use them and take risks in doing so

Or dont and find alternative methods, and hopefully you dont get ripped off as a buyer (so I guess be careful who you buy from, and then you don't need buyer protection)

My current issues with PayPal stem from selling things though

Different problems, but still PayPal related and after the events of this week I am never using PayPal again

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Reminds me of when I sold a working PS3 for $200 (when the PS4 wasnt out there yet and PS3s just dropped to $300 new) and the guy played it for 45 days and then returned it saying it didn't work

But he was playing with it for 45 days

was it working when you got it back ?

tyrantblade

21/6/11
was it working when you got it back ?

Yeah, it ended up being the same system (which was also backwards compatible to PS2), same serial number

I guess he wanted to use me as a $0 Rental Service to play a new system for 45 days

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah, it ended up being the same system (which was also backwards compatible to PS2), same serial number

I guess he wanted to use me as a $0 Rental Service to play a new system for 45 days

well at least it wasnt broke

tyrantblade

21/6/11
well at least it wasnt broke

Thankfully, because if he did break it and send it back I wouldn't have been able to do anything

It just sucks you can be run through the ringer so hard when you didn't do anything wrong, it's just a customer that decided to say he didn't get what he paid for (which he actually got far beyond what he paid for) dude paid $50 for 3000 bulk cards, that's what he got.

Which is really to say "send me free shit (more cards he didnt want to pay shipping on) and I will drop the dispute"

Last edited:

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thankfully, because if he did break it and send it back I wouldn't have been able to do anything

It just sucks you can be run through the ringer so hard when you didn't do anything wrong, it's just a customer that decided to say he didn't get what he paid for (which he actually got far beyond what he paid for)

Which is really to say "send me free shit and I will drop the dispute"

he might have had a bad disc though

tyrantblade

21/6/11
he might have had a bad disc though

Yeah the PS3 dude might have, or more than likely like I said I think he just wanted to play an expensive/new (at the time) video game system for free

The current dispute is over trading cards and saying that I "shorted" him by leaving out part of the package he paid for

Which is a giant lie made up to get another box of cards for free

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah the PS3 dude might have, or more than likely like I said I think he just wanted to play an expensive/new (at the time) video game system for free

The current dispute is over trading cards and saying that I "shorted" him by leaving out part of the package he paid for

Which is a giant lie made up to get another box of cards for free

Trading cards ?

how old are you ?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Ye I feel you. I once sold currency for an online game via eBay and got paid via PayPal. Delivered the currency and 30 days later my PayPal is suddenly -300€. Turns out the guy paid me with a stolen PayPal account and the guy who actually owned the account just got his money back and I was shit out of luck.

tyrantblade

21/6/11
Trading cards ?

how old are you ?

In some peoples opinions "way too old" (I'm 28) for lots of things

Some would say "trading cards", for some it would be "video games" for some it would be "cartoons"

Who gets to say what is too old for these things?

I'm sure there are tons of people in their 30s, 40s, and probably older that play some kind of trading cards (such as MTG and so on)

One of my hobbies is collecting cards that are based on an Anime (part of that involves buying packs, trying out my luck, keeping what I want, and selling the valuable stuff I dont want)

This Asshat bought 3000 "bulk" (low value "junk") cards for $50 and decided that wasnt enough and I should spend more money to send him cards for free, and in a hurry

I was gonna be the nice guy and send the him the extra cards for free, but not in a hurry, and he couldn't wait

Last edited: