• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help to decide... CrPO42 vs Avenger GMT SS vs 16600

Help to decide... CrPO42 vs Avenger GMT SS vs 16600

• Rolex Sea-dweller 16600 BP Factory A3135

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kurtvado

24/8/15
Dear fellas

I'm keep researching and researching, and everytime I'm about to pull the trigger, I'm getting confused about what to choose because of new informations or other things.

I'm looking for my next daily beater for the next period and want to try some new. The models I have researched about are following:

Omega CrPO 42mm Black bezel silver markers A8500 from VSF
Cons: AU750 engraving on caseback, fading problems on the bezel numbers/engravings, clone movement which can be unreliable or expensive to fix, alignment of dial numbers and pearl.

Breitling Avenger GMT SS A2836 with arabic numbers from GF
Cons: Bad datewheel

Rolex Sea-dweller 16600 A3135 BP Factory
Cons: Bracelet?

For the Omega watch I may be lucky to source one without the caseback engraving, but I have seen a couple of posts regarding the bezel and the movement.
The next common thing is the misalignment of the pearl and dial numbers (specially number 12) - not a big issue as long as the QC pictures are good.

For the Breitling I guess it's only the datewheel which are off - can't come with some more.

The last is the watch I want most, but everytime I read something about the watch, people recommend the TC bracelet. Parts from TC here, TC there, TC everywhere..... Keep see posts about TC.
Guys, It's a little bit late for me to source parts from TC, but what to do now?
I have seen a lot of WTB threads about TC bracelets, and I guess it's game over. What should I do if everybody recommends the TC bracelet and there is none on the market?

I will appreciate if you have time to pull a vote with a comment - I got some time to make the order, so I hope that the thread can lead to a debate/discussion about the watches - Replica Watch General Discussions.

Best regards

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ahh, decisions. Having had roughly 70 reps, 20 in my current collection, my wisdom is this. Look for an older noob CrPO or a LMPO. Standard ETA movement so easy swap if it fails, nice looking, very well built, fit and finish comparable to any genuine, and both pictured below have been in my collection longer then just about any other replica and have stood the test of time and use well.

IMG_20190815_154516d2439947e822919d.jpg

IMG_20190719_094724fea9da1e60be45ea.jpg

IMG_20180804_02533581b60e8fa1feab26.jpg

IMG_20170424_082758e627759103f1bcf6.jpg

I always recommend avoiding the superclone movements, the breitling, I've had multiple models and always felt they were too tall (the movement is still semi custom since the GMT module is only on clones). The seadweller 5 digit, has the name Rolex on it, so it'll attract more attention than others. I personally only have one Rolex at this point because of the attention they gain.

Last edited:
Reactions: pippo

kurtvado

24/8/15
Ahh, decisions. Having had roughly 70 reps, 20 in my current collection, my wisdom is this. Look for an older noob CrPO or a LMPO. Standard ETA movement so easy swap if it fails, nice looking, very well built, fit and finish comparable to any genuine, and both pictured below have been in my collection longer then just about any other replica and have stood the test of time and use well.

IMG_20190815_154516d2439947e822919d.jpg

IMG_20190719_094724fea9da1e60be45ea.jpg

IMG_20180804_02533581b60e8fa1feab26.jpg

IMG_20170424_082758e627759103f1bcf6.jpg

I always recommend avoiding the superclone movements, the breitling, I've had multiple models and always felt they were too tall (the movement is still semi custom since the GMT module is only on clones). The seadweller 5 digit, has the name Rolex on it, so it'll attract more attention than others. I personally only have one Rolex at this point because of the attention they gain.

Nice watches!!!

I guess the last one is the LmPO.

I was thinking about the non-clone movement version before the clone version got released, that's why my more confusement.

I got no knowledge about the LmPO and I guess I need to do some more homeworks. Can you see, I cant make the decession because of new infos haha.

I like tall watches - got a AP ROO so no problems with Breitling.

Yeah Rolex is Rolex, but everybody got Rolex today so I guess the attention will be OK.

Thanks for your comment Buddy.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Nice watches!!!

I guess the last one is the LmPO.

I was thinking about the non-clone movement version before the clone version got released, that's why my more confusement.

I got no knowledge about the LmPO and I guess I need to do some more homeworks. Can you see, I cant make the decession because of new infos haha.

I like tall watches - got a AP ROO so no problems with Breitling.

Yeah Rolex is Rolex, but everybody got Rolex today so I guess the attention will be OK.

Thanks for your comment Buddy.

LMPO is the shiny one on the right below. Left is noob CrPO. It has a 2824 in it.

kurtvado

24/8/15
LMPO is the shiny one on the right below. Left is noob CrPO. It has a 2824 in it.

Never thought that the LmPO looked that good.

which one so you like most?

Just read some comments about the caseback of the LmPO which is not correct, but couldnt find more infos about it so maybe you can help?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Never thought that the LmPO looked that good.

which one so you like most?

Just read some comments about the caseback of the LmPO which is not correct, but couldnt find more infos about it so maybe you can help?

LMPO is thinner due to the solid caseback and sits better on the wrist. Because it's very shiny, it appears more dressy then the CrPO. Ultimately, they get about equal wrist time. What is your concern with the caseback?

kurtvado

24/8/15
LMPO is thinner due to the solid caseback and sits better on the wrist. Because it's very shiny, it appears more dressy then the CrPO. Ultimately, they get about equal wrist time. What is your concern with the caseback?

Yeah I read about that the case was thinner.

Just read some comments about the caseback but no one really explained about it. I guess it may be the world premier or something like that but Im not sure

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yeah I read about that the case was thinner.
Just read some comments about the caseback but no one really explained about it. I guess it may be the world premier or something like that but Im not sure
The only thing I'm aware of and this is not specific to this model, is sometimes the black wears out of the text. It can be redone and it doesn't affect anything since it's on the wrist side which you would not see.

2019-08-18-15.01.185dc698372e491b9e.jpg

kurtvado

24/8/15
The only thing I'm aware of and this is not specific to this model, is sometimes the black wears out of the text. It can be redone and it doesn't affect anything since it's on the wrist side which you would not see.

2019-08-18-15.01.185dc698372e491b9e.jpg

Thanks for the info.

How bad is the flaw? Is it seen often?

Is gen printed like rep or?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
tvado;n8086970]

Thanks for the info.

Is gen printed like rep or?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing specific to the LMPO. Basically, some watches have some of the engravings filled with paint. Over time the paint can wear out. (Think of the bezel of an explorer II). For the LMPO, this is only employed on the caseback so of no concern for me since it can't be seen on the wrist. On mine, you can see the C in cerachrome starting to loose it's paint. I can refill it with modeling paint or a magic marker, but since it's wrist side, not worth the effort.

kurtvado

24/8/15
tvado;n8086970]

Thanks for the info.

Is gen printed like rep or?

There's nothing specific to the LMPO. Basically, some watches have some of the engravings filled with paint. Over time the paint can wear out. (Think of the bezel of an explorer II). For the LMPO, this is only employed on the caseback so of no concern for me since it can't be seen on the wrist. On mine, you can see the C in cerachrome starting to loose it's paint. I can refill it with modeling paint or a magic marker, but since it's wrist side, not worth the effort. [/QUOTE]

I see that now.

Just looked at some gen pictures. It looks like that its painted too on the caseback or am I wrong?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
There's nothing specific to the LMPO. Basically, some watches have some of the engravings filled with paint. Over time the paint can wear out. (Think of the bezel of an explorer II). For the LMPO, this is only employed on the caseback so of no concern for me since it can't be seen on the wrist. On mine, you can see the C in cerachrome starting to loose it's paint. I can refill it with modeling paint or a magic marker, but since it's wrist side, not worth the effort.

I see that now.

Just looked at some gen pictures. It looks like that its painted too on the caseback or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

This is what it looks like when the paint is completely worn off.

IMG_20190818_19533193707a005a72f253.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Im a little bit confused. Can you get the watch with open caseback or is it only some gen models?

Sorry, that's the back of the CrPO. It has much more significant wear, since it's been in daily rotation on and off for the last 3 years.

kurtvado

24/8/15
Sorry, that's the back of the CrPO. It has much more significant wear, since it's been in daily rotation on and off for the last 3 years.

Alright I thought the problem only were for the LmPO but I see that the CrPO got the same issues. But how is the gens? Same issue? Maybe you can change the caseback if it fits

PhilippPzy

Supporter
Certified
3/12/18
Germany
I only can say that my vsf crpo with the clone movement is a stunning watch. In my opinion its a perfect rep. I had serviced the movement at a watchmaker in Germany for 200€ and now its running gen like. Perfect time keeping and a perfect finish of the watch. I hope I could help you with your decision.

Last edited:

kurtvado

24/8/15
I only can say that my vsf crpo with the clone movement is a stunning watch. In my opinion its a perfect rep. I had serviced the movement at a watchmaker in Germany for 200€ and now its running gen like. Perfect time keeping and a perfect finish of the watch. I hope I could help you with your decision.

Good to hear, maybe you should post a pic :-D

I think I will start with the Breitling and later Omega.
No Rollie guys is in this discussion section :-/