• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DOA Watch - Shipped Back to China

ACL-REP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/19
Seattle, WA
ACL-REP Here is a link to a member that repairs Reps near you. I guess being on the east coast CA is near.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...7339011-intro-california-watch-repair-and-mod

It took me a while to learn what not to do. I have ordered many watches over the last 3 years. Two have been seized by customs. DHL is frowned on because the seizure rate is high. My most recent shipment was seized using FedEx SurePost. My seizure rate is 2.5% so I am not doing bad.

Thanks for the link! If I ever get my watch back that will be a good resource and fairly close to me.

You have a pretty good record if your seizure rate is down that low, interesting that even FedEx shipments get grabbed...

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Thanks for the link! If I ever get my watch back that will be a good resource and fairly close to me.

You have a pretty good record if your seizure rate is down that low, interesting that even FedEx shipments get grabbed...

I did listen to my TD and ship via SF (slow version) it takes 3 weeks, but no seizures. I do cheat a little. I travel to Shenzhen a lot so if I have any shipments ready I have my TD hold them till I arrive in China. Then my watches are shipped via SF and arrive in 12 hours.

Reactions: ACL-REP

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I know of a couple of instances where the watch floated around the Chinese postal system for a couple of months and reappeared undelivered. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately the watch you bought is not one easily repaired. For future reference, stick with non Chronograph movements that use common movements like a 2824, 9015, even a SH3135 so you can have them repaired locally.

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
I know of a couple of instances where the watch floated around the Chinese postal system for a couple of months and reappeared undelivered. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately the watch you bought is not one easily repaired. For future reference, stick with non Chronograph movements that use common movements like a 2824, 9015, even a SH3135 so you can have them repaired locally.

That gives me some hope I suppose, we're just over 6 weeks right now.

When you say "reappeared" undelivered do you mean returned to sender in the US or something else? I'd be amazed if they somehow sent it back to me here in the US but who knows?

Thanks for your reply.

ACL

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
That gives me some hope I suppose, we're just over 6 weeks right now.

When you say "reappeared" undelivered do you mean returned to sender in the US or something else? I'd be amazed if they somehow sent it back to me here in the US but who knows?

Thanks for your reply.

ACL

It was returned to the sender about three months after shipment, never being delivered to the dealer and not repaired.

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
It was returned to the sender about three months after shipment, never being delivered to the dealer and not repaired.

Wow, I would take that in a heartbeat! From the horror stories I'm reading, it looks like the local postal depots have a shoddy record at best.

I'll keep my fingers crossed; thanks.

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
I returned a watch to Puretime which was DOA. The hold up was China side and sat in customs etc forever (definitely on arrival and I think also on departure). Probably took about 2 months all in but got it back and all was good.

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
I returned a watch to Puretime which was DOA. The hold up was China side and sat in customs etc forever (definitely on arrival and I think also on departure). Probably took about 2 months all in but got it back and all was good.

Can you tell me how long it took just to get back to Puretime in China and what shipping service you used to send it?

Thank you!

ACL

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Not much use as I used Royal Mail (UK). Think it was held up in customs on return as well but was ever so quick once finally en route from China - maybe 5 x days.

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
When I say customs I believe its not that they are looking at it and more a case of its in a pile waiting to be processed - from which some they will look at.

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
When I say customs I believe its not that they are looking at it and more a case of its in a pile waiting to be processed - from which some they will look at.

That's interesting; maybe it's in one of those piles... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

ACL

rpsmithbarney

11/2/19
CONUS
Yes, I returned a watch to a TD in China only to have it sit in a destination post office for 6 weeks before ultimately being returned to me unopened with a large yellow sticker saying "unclaimed" despite the address being entirely correct. As for tracking, it fell off the radar once it his Chinese mainland so I was overjoyed to receive it back despite the flaws.

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
Yes, I returned a watch to a TD in China only to have it sit in a destination post office for 6 weeks before ultimately being returned to me unopened with a large yellow sticker saying "unclaimed" despite the address being entirely correct. As for tracking, it fell off the radar once it his Chinese mainland so I was overjoyed to receive it back despite the flaws.

That's pretty wild that they thought it was easier to return it to the US than get it to the right address in China. Well, at this point if they returned it to me I'd be happy to try and get it fixed here. ( or just deal with the fact that it will only be right twice a day :D )

924er

Known Member
28/12/16
I’m confused on how these TDs send watches that are DOA if they QCs showed them ticking on a time graph ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I’m confused on how these TDs send watches that are DOA if they QCs showed them ticking on a time graph ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reps can die in the post. Happens from time to time. Was fine when shipped.

Sometimes a perfectly good rep will die overnight.

Last edited:

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
Reps can die in the post. Happens from time to time. Was fine when shipped.

Sometimes a perfectly good rep will die overnight.

From what I've read that's very true.
Aside from not being water resistant, I'm guessing most reps are far from shock resistant. (especially a chrono)

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I dont know what is 1st class international, but I sent one back early March using Priority Mail International, small flat rate box. Cost me about $30. Tracking showed it arrived in 2 weeks, and TD picked it up a few days later. Got it back two months later, fully repaired.

Reactions: tkingjr

ACL-REP

18/5/19
Seattle, WA
Well, 31/2 months after attempting to return my DOA Omega PO chrono to Li at JTime we decided that either the Chinese postal service or customs must have stopped it. :culpability:

So we came to an agreement to meet halfway on a replacement. I thought that was pretty fair of Li to do that for me.

He was able to get almost the same model but this time it has the rubber/nylon band.
No problem there as it's kind of a nice change from my other divers. (Ironically it's the only one that can't dive! :p)

The new watch arrived today in good working order and looking great!

I just wanted to update this post and to send a big THANK YOU to Li jtimewatch for his great communication throughout this long process and for meeting me halfway.

Also, if anyone needs to return a DOA watch, don't do it. Just work something out with your TD to get it fixed in your own country; I learned the long hard way.

Thanks again!

Tony

Omega PO Chrono - Omega PO Chrono

Reactions: jtimewatch