Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

DOA Watch - Shipped Back to China

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACL-REP The best choice for me have to have the watch repaired in USA via one of the watch smiths listed on RWI. DOA's or broken watches happen. I see it as the cost of buying reps.

Comment

Originally posted by ACL-REP View Post

After I described the problem he said he could fix the movement and do a "Spa" treatment for $265. Not sure what a spa is but maybe it's a clean and oil?
      Either way, at this point I wish I had taken a chance with him because at least the watch would still be in the US.
      Wow, 265usd sounds steep without even looking at it - maybe reach out to someone else.

Did sent back a watch to China from Europe, Germany, took 5 weeks but arrived safely. Registered letter.

Comment

Originally posted by tkingjr View Post
        ACL-REP The best choice for me have to have the watch repaired in USA via one of the watch smiths listed on RWI. DOA's or broken watches happen. I see it as the cost of buying reps.
        At this point I tend to agree.

At the time it seemed nuts to pay $265 right after paying over $400 for the watch but as we all know, hindsight is 20/20. (plus, I had read a post by Vac where he said how hard the Chinese chronos are to repair and often get worse when people work on them so I figured I should at least start with a working watch)

Also, I received the watch so quickly that I thought it may not take long to send it to him. (plus he said he wanted me to send it back) It wasn't until the last few weeks that I started reading about the black hole that is the Chinese postal system and I'm feeling that since I didn't use a high cost service, I may be SOL.

Anyway, good advice for the future I guess.

Thanks for the reply, I'll update if anything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans81 View Post

Wow, 265usd sounds steep without even looking at it - maybe reach out to someone else.

Did sent back a watch to China from Europe, Germany, took 5 weeks but arrived safely. Registered letter.

I thought so too, although my guess is that he knows Chinese chronos and how complicated they are as well as being filled with substandard parts that may be compromised.
          Glad to hear you had one arrive safely in 5 weeks, so maybe mine still has a chance???

Thanks for your reply.

ACL

Comment

ACL-REP Here is a link to a member that repairs Reps near you. I guess being on the east coast CA is near.
            https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...repair-and-mod

It took me a while to learn what not to do. I have ordered many watches over the last 3 years. Two have been seized by customs. DHL is frowned on because the seizure rate is high. My most recent shipment was seized using FedEx SurePost. My seizure rate is 2.5% so I am not doing bad.

Comment

Originally posted by tkingjr View Post
              ACL-REP Here is a link to a member that repairs Reps near you. I guess being on the east coast CA is near.
              https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...repair-and-mod

It took me a while to learn what not to do. I have ordered many watches over the last 3 years. Two have been seized by customs. DHL is frowned on because the seizure rate is high. My most recent shipment was seized using FedEx SurePost. My seizure rate is 2.5% so I am not doing bad.
              Thanks for the link! If I ever get my watch back that will be a good resource and fairly close to me.

You have a pretty good record if your seizure rate is down that low, interesting that even FedEx shipments get grabbed...

Comment

Thanks for the link! If I ever get my watch back that will be a good resource and fairly close to me.

You have a pretty good record if your seizure rate is down that low, interesting that even FedEx shipments get grabbed...
                I did listen to my TD and ship via SF (slow version) it takes 3 weeks, but no seizures. I do cheat a little. I travel to Shenzhen a lot so if I have any shipments ready I have my TD hold them till I arrive in China. Then my watches are shipped via SF and arrive in 12 hours.

Comment

I know of a couple of instances where the watch floated around the Chinese postal system for a couple of months and reappeared undelivered. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately the watch you bought is not one easily repaired. For future reference, stick with non Chronograph movements that use common movements like a 2824, 9015, even a SH3135 so you can have them repaired locally.
                  My wish list:
                  Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post
                    I know of a couple of instances where the watch floated around the Chinese postal system for a couple of months and reappeared undelivered. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately the watch you bought is not one easily repaired. For future reference, stick with non Chronograph movements that use common movements like a 2824, 9015, even a SH3135 so you can have them repaired locally.

That gives me some hope I suppose, we're just over 6 weeks right now.

When you say "reappeared" undelivered do you mean returned to sender in the US or something else? I'd be amazed if they somehow sent it back to me here in the US but who knows?

Thanks for your reply.

ACL

Comment

That gives me some hope I suppose, we're just over 6 weeks right now.

When you say "reappeared" undelivered do you mean returned to sender in the US or something else? I'd be amazed if they somehow sent it back to me here in the US but who knows?

Thanks for your reply.

ACL
                      It was returned to the sender about three months after shipment, never being delivered to the dealer and not repaired.
                      My wish list:
                      Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post

It was returned to the sender about three months after shipment, never being delivered to the dealer and not repaired.
                        Wow, I would take that in a heartbeat! From the horror stories I'm reading, it looks like the local postal depots have a shoddy record at best.

I'll keep my fingers crossed; thanks.

Comment

I returned a watch to Puretime which was DOA. The hold up was China side and sat in customs etc forever (definitely on arrival and I think also on departure). Probably took about 2 months all in but got it back and all was good.

Comment

Originally posted by innocenti View Post
                            I returned a watch to Puretime which was DOA. The hold up was China side and sat in customs etc forever (definitely on arrival and I think also on departure). Probably took about 2 months all in but got it back and all was good.
                            Can you tell me how long it took just to get back to Puretime in China and what shipping service you used to send it?

Thank you!

ACL

Comment

Not much use as I used Royal Mail (UK). Think it was held up in customs on return as well but was ever so quick once finally en route from China - maybe 5 x days.

Comment

When I say customs I believe its not that they are looking at it and more a case of its in a pile waiting to be processed - from which some they will look at.

Comment

Working...
                                X